“The individual group tour when it works” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greenman Tours

Greenman Tours
Ranked #31 of 57 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours from Bristol and Bath to Stonehenge and other locations.
Copenhagen, Denmark
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“The individual group tour when it works”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We chose Greenman Tours because this tour gave us the opportunity to visit several interesting spots in one day without having to drive ourselves: Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral, Lacock.
The tour lived up to our expectations. We got to see the sights we wanted to, the guides was very accommodating, every part of the tour was on time, we could choose between following the guide on some parts of the tour or to walk on our own. Beside the places we visited we saw interesting parts of the English countryside as well supported with information from the guide.
Only downside was that we didn't understand the guide fully because of references or special words unknown to us (Danes) or because we lacked the broad view of, where we were.
We recommend Greenman Tours

1 Thank NN-CPH

Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not a fan of large tour groups”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I have very mixed reviews about this tour group. It seems to be a relatively new tour group and still has a few things to work out.

Positives
- Nice coach
- Price was fair
- Bus driver was friendly (though I did get a bit sick from the sudden stops. I was told is normal for England)
- We were able to see many amazing sites!
- I was able to see a few interesting sites that were unexpected (like Harry Potter's parent's house)

Negatives (my view - this doesn't mean the tour was bad. It was just not what I expected).
-Group was large (I prefer small group tours)
- Almost 100% self-guided or audio-tour guided with very little from the guides themselves. (This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it felt like they didn't want to interact with the tourists).
-The guides seemed flustered and confused at certain aspects, and they, at times, repeated the same information. - Instructions were not always concise and clear.
-It felt like they struggled at finding the balance between wanting to control the tour and where people went - to giving us the freedom to venture off.
-Later, we were given the one opportunity for a guided tour of our guide's favourite site. However, by this point, we just opted to tour all venues ourselves.
-Often, information was provided while driving that was not clearly explained. We would look for buildings/sites out the window, but we were never clearly shown what or where they were.

Overall, we wouldn't book this tour again because it just wasn't our type of tour. We prefer smaller tours where tourists have more opportunities to get to know each other and where the guides take more opportunities to interact with the customers.

However, the tour's price is reasonable for everything that is provided and we enjoyed the sites that we visited.

Caution, the food at the Cathedral was subpar at best.

2 Thank TJessica
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stonehenge was incredible the rest was simply the icing on the cake.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Was a great day with a relaxing bus tour. I learnt a lot about the history of the surrounding areas of Bristol including Bath, Salisbury and Lacock. Well recommended.
Please see some pictures of the tour via my blog:

Dublin, Ireland
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“STONEHENGE SALISBURY & LACOCK TOUR.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Took this trip from Bristol in June - it also picks up in Bath. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Mary is an excellent guide and our lady driver, whose name I forget, was great also. I would wholeheartedly recommend this tour.

Visited June 2014
Chihuahua, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very interesting tour with wonderful, aproachable and very helpful staff. I highly recommend it to any one in the Bristol-Bath area.

Visited June 2014