Apple Tree
US$234
US$622
US$499
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$138
Dukes Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
Official Site
All reviewsroyal galab bguest housebramley roomshort walkgreat hostscity centreroman bathsdowntown bathtrain stationbath abbeyspent nightscomfortable bedbreakfast was deliciouswarm welcomefull english breakfasteach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at the Apple Tree for three days on our tour of England and could not have been more pleased with our reception. Lynsay and Les welcomed us with great fanfare and served wonderful English breakfasts in their homey dining room. As soon as we got in, Lynsay showed us the map of Bath and pointed out places we might want to visit, giving us a route to follow. They were very helpful with our car rental and sending an email to another hotel for us. They always asked us and the other guests about where we had been and how we liked it, and made every effort to make sure we had what we needed. We stayed at other B&Bs around England, Scotland, and Wales, and I have to say they were the most energetic, enthusiastic hosts we came across. The room was on the small side, but it was very nicely decorated with a comfortable bed, chair and dresser. I would have liked a bigger mirror and sink. But all in all this was a very positive experience and got our trip off to a great start.

Room Tip: If you need more space you might ask for a larger room than the one we had. We had the first room at the landing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

So many great reviews about this place what more can I add?! Well I really just want to say thank-you to Les and Lynsay for a wonderful stay in a perfect home in a beautiful city. Every guest is clearly treated as an individual and special and that's quite unique in the business, especially as you are so busy with everything that's going on. The atmosphere you create is relaxing, friendly and convivial, where different guests over breakfast just talk to one another like friends. Spotlessly clean, fresh, homely and cosy - everything required is provided in the rooms. While my single was a little bijou (!) I never felt claustrophobic or cramped. True professionals I wish you every continuing success in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2013

What more could you ask for? This place is a short walk from the center of town (less than 10 minutes walk) near shopping, bus/train station, sports grounds, canal walk, etc. yet it's quiet. During the day when I was resting I heard some street and neighborhood noise but at night it was very quiet. I kept the windows open until it got really cold and it was still quiet. I didn't even hear any house noise. I woke up several times to the smell of breakfast cooking! My room, on the top floor, was cozy but comfortable. The double bed is spacious and more than enough for me and my favorite stuffed animal. There's a wardrobe across from the bed and a comfortable chair. There is a fan in the room but only one plug across from the bed and the fan cord doesn't reach very far. They provide a tea tray with coffee, tea or hot chocolate and Cadbury bars. Other than that, there's no food allowed in the rooms. The house is all carpeted with cream carpet. The bathroom is tiny. A large person may have problems with their knees bumping against the wall while on the toilet. The bathroom has a toilet, basin, shower, shelf space and towels on a towel bar. The shower worked OK and was warm enough to shower.

Les was always perky and on hand to help me find my way and answer questions. He was interested in what I was up to and told me about some frequent guests that I would have enjoyed meeting. When I asked for an extension cord so I could move the fan, he quickly complied and had one in my room for me when I returned. I only saw Lynsay twice but she was very cheerful and friendly. She helped me call a taxi when I couldn't get my phone to work.

I had a very pleasant stay and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Apple Tree. I would stay there again for a short stay but for a longer stay I would want a kitchen.

Room Tip: There's no elevator/lift so make sure you let them know if you have mobility problems. Les helped me with my suitcase.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Les and Lynsay are great hosts; giving excellent service and directions. Fantastic food, comfortable rooms. Easy five stars! They went above and beyond the call of duty for us.
They made us feel quite at home.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Les and Lynsay were both very welcoming and made us feel very much at home from the chocolates to the guidance talk of where to go in town! The room was very cosy, clean and modern. Breakfast was delicious and they could not be more accommodating. We'll be back next year for sure. It's definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple