“simply lovely”

Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All Bar One Bath is a stylish city bar where you can catch up with friends, unwind after work or simply find a sophisticated space to indulge in an excellent selection of food.Within easy reach of Manvers Street, Broad Street and Milsom Street, All Bar One Bath is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in Bath, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Each and very time we visit Bath (which is often) included on our itinerary is lunch at All Bar One. The restaurant, granted, is part of a nationwide chain and as such tends to have that McDonalds quality. By that I mean you pretty much know what's on the menu without checking the boards. Fair enough, however, what sets this particular restaurant apart from it's brethren is the quality of the service and the atmosphere itself. We have yet to have an unpleasant experience here, nor do we anticipate one. And no, we don't put that down to mental mechanics of any kind. The food is always delivered in a timely manner by more than competent staff in a friendly and conversant manner that allows us to feel "welcome" and not rushed. A very relaxed atmosphere and one that conveys a sense of class without the 'trappings' of pretentiousness. I mentioned that the restaurant is part of a nationwide chain and that this particular restaurant is a 'breed apart' from its brethren for a reason; one of its brethren (which goes nameless) is a classic example of how to take a 'quality' name and soil it. Not all "chain" restaurants are the same. Some actually do deserve your patronize and appreciate same. Others . . .

Thank wsjohnson.phd

Reviewed 6 August 2011

don't bother going to this bar if you have anyone in the family under 18, there was 6 of us plus grandson who is 17+ we were refused entry at 17:30, suggest you visit Browns just across the road very family friendly and good food

3  Thank willowbath
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This is obviously not a fine dining place it's a pub, so all food is great pub food I ordered a sirloin steak and when it came it was cooked perfectly, juicy and very tasty.
The waitress even though the place was very busy was attentive and got involved with our banter round the table.
I would highly recommend eating here if you like a great. Atmosphere and tasty bar food. If you want a quiet fine dining experience this place is not for you.
We are all probably going back there tonight to try more of there tasty food.

1  Thank Najbam
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I definitely enjoyed my dinner at All Bar One. I know it's a chain, but the hamburgers and platters are definitely worth the price. Hummous, served with pitta, is delicious, and side plates are good as well. I would also say a good selection of wine and beers, at least for students! Not too expensive. It is possible to spend around 10£ if not taking a dessert.
The staff is nice as well (mainly students or young people) but being quite a big restaurant it is very noisy especially on Saturday night. Do not expect anything too fancy (menu is on papers, tables are not always too clean!).

Reviewed 25 October 2009

Visited Bath this weekend and decided that All Bar One looked great for a drink and possibly an evening bar meal. We were not disappointed at all. Good atmosphere, staff very helpful and friendly. My hubby ordered cod & chips and I ordered a chicken fillet burger and chips. Nice big rustic type chips and my burger had plenty of chicken fillet, thoroughly enjoyed it. My hubby's was the surprise though, his two pieces of cod were absolutely fantastic, the batter really light and crispy and lovely thick pieces of cod. I don't normally get excited about fish & chips but I would have happily had this to eat. The bar got very busy as the evening went on but there was a good friendly atmosphere and we stayed there for most of the evening rather than wondering around.