“Ok”

Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Blending European brasserie dishes and timelessly elegant surroundings, Browns Bar and Brasserie Bath champions an informal yet refined concept. Renowned for indulgent twists on classic comfort food recipes, Browns has offered trademark favourites since 1973, as well as choices from the specials board or the market fresh fish of the day. Showcasing striking design features and historic or listed buildings, Browns restaurants are a refined yet relaxed dining spot, at any time of the day.
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We popped in on a Tuesday afternoon for a small bite and a quick drink. Waited 15minutes to be served and it wasn't exactly slick service which you would expect.
We ordered 3 tapas for £11, but this wouldn't feed one person.
Drinks were nice but limited. Once finished rather than wait we went to the bar to pay.
Not very impressed.

Teddyleach, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello, thank you very much for your review. I am very sorry that your overall experience was not great. I can only apologise and have sent you a private message if you wish to discuss any thing more about your experience with us.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Service there was pretty much non existant when we visited at about 2pm on a sunny saturday afternoon. The drinks menu is impressive but not cheap. Having said that, when we finally got our "mocktails" they were just what the doctor ordered - big, cool and very refreshing. Setting is nice and facilities are good and clean - only marked down because of the service.

Dear Debbi, thank you very much for you review. I am glad you enjoyed your mocktails but sorry that the service did not match. I will be looking into our service issues and want to thank you again for your feedback. I have sent you a private message and hope to hear from you soon.

Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Group of friends telephoned to see if there was a table for 9 half hour before we wanted to it, they managed to accommodate us.

Food was good and menu has a good variety.

My only criticism was that whenever we wanted a waiter or waitress there never seemed to be anyone around

Hello, thank you for your review as we always appreciate people taking to time to give us feedback. I am glad that you had a good visit but am sorry that you felt that the service was not great. I am looking into this and always appreciate comments on how we can improve on things. I hope you will visit us in the near future.

Assisitant Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Whilst visiting Bath we went into Browns for a meal. I must say that I was tempted by their specials but chose to order from their menu. My daughter had the homemade chickpea soup which she absolutely loved and the pate was also a hit. My husband and I both had the lamb shank on a bed of bubble and squeak with a delicious 'gravy'. I chose to add sides of minted new boiled potatoes and savoy cabbage with bacon as it came with honeyed parsnips and carrots. I soon learnt that I had over ordered food as the portions on the plate were suffice. Unfortunately this left no room for a sweet :-(

Hello, i just wanted to thank you for your lovely review. I hope you will come back in the near future and this time hopefully you will be able to try some of our desserts.

Assistant Mananger

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We are lunch here whilst visiting Bath for the day. We were lucky enough to get an outside table and it was lovely enjoying the beautiful weather whilst watching the world go by! I felt as though I could have been abroad! Really enjoyed my glass of Sauvignon Blanc and my Caesar salad was very tasty! We all thoroughly enjoyed our lunch! A special mention to our waitress Jess who was absolutely lovely! She made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for her. Brilliant at her job and an asset to Browns! Would certainly visit again and would recommend to others!

Hello, i just wanted to thank you for your lovely review. I will pass on your compliments to Jess. I am really glad you had a great experience. Thank you again anf will hopefully see you in the near future.

Assistant Manager