“Good food, nice atmosphere”

Browns Brasserie & Bar
Ranked #228 of 587 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Blending European brasserie dishes and timelessly elegant surroundings, Browns Bar and Brasserie Bath champions an informal yet refined concept. Renowned for indulgent twists on classic comfort food recipes, Browns has offered trademark favourites since 1973, as well as choices from the specials board or the market fresh fish of the day. Showcasing striking design features and historic or listed buildings, Browns restaurants are a refined yet relaxed dining spot, at any time of the day.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have to say average as, compared with other 'very good' restaurants it's not quite up there. I went for the lobster, which was average size and average price. What was great was the best question ever from a waiter 'what would perfect look like?' When I answered boiled lobster with mayo, that is exactly what he gave me. And it was good, just not great. Also, I can never get a seat outside, whatever time I arrive. Nice cocktail.

Teddyleach, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello, thank you very much for your review. I glad that you enjoyed the service. With regards to sitting outside we do not reserve tables but we put people on a waiting list and try and seat them as soon as a table becomes available and i am sorry that this did not happen for you on this occasion. Again i am really sorry and hope you will come back in the near future to try again.

Assistant Manager

There are newer reviews for Browns Brasserie & Bar

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Lunch for two, outside table which was very pleasant. It took the waitress 20 minutes to acknowledge us and take a drinks order. All the outside tables were occupied, but inside was empty. The waitresses seemed to disappear inside for 15-20 minutes, doing what I have no idea as all the customers were seated outside. They would then return, briefly act all busy making it hard to catch their eye to order a drink ask for a desert of the bill!

One couple from the US close by to us found the whole thing quite funny, it was that bad! And stereo typical British Service!

Food was actually OK but won't return as poor service takes away any pleasure from a meal as you struggle to get what you want.....shame. I am not the first to comment on this issue (wish I had read reviews before I visited) but the Management don't seem to do anything about it.

1  Thank Jim C

Dear Jim, thank you for reviewing us. I am very sorry for the service you received on your last visit. I will definately be looking into how we can improve on this. I have sent you a private message and would like to discuss with you further on your experience. Again i can only apologise and hope to hear from you soon.

Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We popped in on a Tuesday afternoon for a small bite and a quick drink. Waited 15minutes to be served and it wasn't exactly slick service which you would expect.
We ordered 3 tapas for £11, but this wouldn't feed one person.
Drinks were nice but limited. Once finished rather than wait we went to the bar to pay.
Not very impressed.

Hello, thank you very much for your review. I am very sorry that your overall experience was not great. I can only apologise and have sent you a private message if you wish to discuss any thing more about your experience with us.

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Service there was pretty much non existant when we visited at about 2pm on a sunny saturday afternoon. The drinks menu is impressive but not cheap. Having said that, when we finally got our "mocktails" they were just what the doctor ordered - big, cool and very refreshing. Setting is nice and facilities are good and clean - only marked down because of the service.

Dear Debbi, thank you very much for you review. I am glad you enjoyed your mocktails but sorry that the service did not match. I will be looking into our service issues and want to thank you again for your feedback. I have sent you a private message and hope to hear from you soon.

Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Group of friends telephoned to see if there was a table for 9 half hour before we wanted to it, they managed to accommodate us.

Food was good and menu has a good variety.

My only criticism was that whenever we wanted a waiter or waitress there never seemed to be anyone around

Hello, thank you for your review as we always appreciate people taking to time to give us feedback. I am glad that you had a good visit but am sorry that you felt that the service was not great. I am looking into this and always appreciate comments on how we can improve on things. I hope you will visit us in the near future.

Assisitant Manager