“Best i ever had!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jamuna - CLOSED

Jamuna
Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best i ever had!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I got recommandid by a friend to visit jamuna and ever since then i neva went else were.
Jamuna provides excellent food with top service.
Iv ate evry where in bath but u jus cant beat jamuna's taste.
Excellent take way food or a meal with the view of the abbey.
Very nice atmosphere with plenty of light coming through.

2 Thank Joaaan

Bath
“You could do a lot better in Bath”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Went here with my partner off the good reviews on this site. Very disappointed. We eat out weekly, and I must say, of the Indian's I've tried food quality wise it's a bit lacking. Main thing me and my partner found was that the dishes had very little to differentiate the flavour. My husbands Jalfrazi was not very different to my Chicken Bhuna. Even then, the sauce tasted like it had more curry powder than actual chilli's.

Anyway, service was ho hum and the overall experience was pretty poor. For this standard of cuisine I honestly would have expected even cheaper. Decor's not exactly meserising either. I'd try elsewhere.

Sarah.

• Visited May 2011
Bath, United Kingdom
“I wouldn't swap Jamuna for any other Indian”
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I have been to Jamuna for a number of years now.. i didnt realise they were on Trip adviser till the other day. I really enjoy my meals at Jamuna every time.

I was very surprised to read a review about having boring staff..(this must have been an off day) i mean Ali's big smile and service - you cant complain. I have always found Ali and his boys very warming.

Other than how many stairs i have to climb for a meal at Jamuna, i cant think of any complaints.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank ann1938x
“Well worth a visit!”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I visited Jamuna on Saturday night with my parents after reading such favourable reviews on the Trip Advisor site. The restaurant is situated in the middle of the City overlooking the Abbey. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. The food was absolutely fantastic and I will definite be visiting again on my next journey to Bath! Highly recommended!

2 Thank Jamesboof
Sydney
“Very pushy service and only average food”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My husband and I decided to try Indian while holidaying in Bath. Unfortunately we tried Jamuna. Firstly, they took ages to take our order because only one waiter actually takes orders even though there were several of them flocking around. Secondly, this very waiter was unbelievably pushy - would we like entrees? Pappadums? Sides? Pilau rice? The questions were endless and he didn't seem to hear our constant nos. Thirdly, when the food came, it was okay but nothing great. I've had better Indian food in Sydney which is not exactly the Indian food capital of the world. I ordered a fish jalfrezi which I expected to be hot and it ... wasn't. I can only presume this is meek Indian food for meek tourists. Finally, they had the cheek to add a 10% service charge to the bill which I thought was fantastically rude given how aggressive their 'service' was. Gives new meaning to the word. We left with a very bad taste in our mouths, feeling like we'd been ripped off.

• Visited June 2011