“Lived up to the hype!!”

Sally Lunn's Historic Eating House & Museum
Ranked #64 of 575 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sally Lunn's - The oldest house in Bath
west sussex
“Lived up to the hype!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Just visited Sally lunn for one of her famous buns and we're thrilled by what we ate! Delicious! We went for the Sally lunn cream tea and it was simply amazing, if huge! Definitely recommend if your in Bath, not to be missed! Service was a little slow but they were busy so to be expected. We bought a bun in the museum to take home. Seeing the original bun oven was a real treat too. Go there, you won't be disappointed!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Not bad...not worth the hype”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We decided to try this restaurant as the reviews were pretty good, and we thought it'd be nice to try something new.

The restaurant is situated in an old building with a lot of character and ambience. The tables and chairs are very rustic and cutlery and decor was minimal and basic. I guess it fits in with the whole kitchen/scullery atmosphere as the cutlery used was very basic and diner-like.

The actual bun is ok, not bad. It's kind of like a hamburger bun, and you can order with sweet or savoury toppings.

We ordered both and it wasn't bad. Although for the sweet bun, they only put a very thin layer of the topping on the bun. It would have been nice to have a little bit more, at least give the customer the option.

I consider this restaurant a one-timer deal. I'm not unhappy I went, it was a little on the pricey side for what the meal is, but I wouldn't go back. I think there are other nicer places to go to in Bath.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you are in Bath you MUST go and try a traditional Sally Lunn at the Sally Lunn eating house. It is in the oldest building in Bath, and the Sally Lunn's are delicous - sweet or savour, there is something for everyone here!

Visited July 2014
Miri, Malaysia
“Over-rated Cafe”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Decided to give this nice little cafe a try after reading rave review on various websites / travel forum. But was a little disappointed with the taste of the bun as it tasted normal to me. The service was ok, the waiter made some mistake with our order but did apologize to it. If you would still like to try this cafe, a piece of advice is dont put too high expectation on it and it will be ok.

• Visited July 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

To be fair, I didn't know what a bun truly was. I thought it would be something along the lines of a warm cinnamon bun, with that yummy warm glaze. Well, a Sally Lunn's bun is just that. A bun....think sandwich bun. So, if I review from that perspective, it is a perfectly good bun, just tremendously overpriced. I got more of a thrill from eating in such a historic establishment than the food itself. Two buns and filter coffee was 12 pounds. Just a little pricey in my opinion. However, the kitchen museum redeemed my visit. Make sure to check it out.

• Visited June 2014