“Would highly recommend to anyone!”
Review of The Cross Keys

The Cross Keys
Ranked #207 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have eaten in The Cross Keys on numerous occasions, please note it is not a local pub for me either, I live in Weston-Super-Mare! I have always found the service to be excellent, the staff are polite, professional and well turned out. The food is fantastic, always served hot, beautifully presented, fabulous sized portions and all at a very reasonable price.
If I am celebrating any occasion, or have visitors from other parts of the country we usually make the trip across for a meal at The Cross Keys as I know we will not be let down.
Well done to the owners and staff and keep up the good work.

1  Thank Anna P

Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and I visited this pub Sat ngt, we'd booked a table in advance. When we arrived, we explained we'd booked a table to the lady behind the bar, we were greeted with a dead pan face and silence with a finger pointing at the table behind us...no 'hello, what can I get you to drink?' and in fact at that point we nearly walked out! I ordered pork with cider gravy, mash and seasonal veg...when it arrived the presentation was terrible, the pork was wedged in the stodgy mash and cut far too thick, the green beans looked like they were leftover from the lunchtime sitting, they were limp and dried out, how they had the gall to dish them up is beyond me! I went to the bar with my plate of food, asking for some fresh veg...promptly lifting one of the limp specimens from my plate to make my point, my request was greeted with again silence...unbelievable! My dinner arrived back with fresh beans and I did get a 'sorry'. This meal was priced at nearly £12 (!)...but was no more than a school canteen offering. 'Seasonal veg' was disappointingly just one veg, it was plated on the wrong sort of plate, more suited to a stew, veggies were appalling, mash was stodgy, we promptly left and headed elsewhere after finishing!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Pub with no beer - not strictly true but first two selections, Guinness and Bath Gem, not available. Food reasonable with one man doing bar work, taking orders and serving, good job restaurant was not busy.
Maybe try again in the summer.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed just down the road in a b&b-and as we didn't want to get taxi/bus into town we decided to book here for a meal on Good Friday. We enjoyed the meal and ambiance so much we booked again for Saturday and Sunday. We even benefited from a 2for1 meal deal as we were in early-happy days. Meals were great, portions generous and staff friendly.Nice little dining area downstairs available or eat in bar by the roaring fire.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We've visited a few times now as we're fairly local. It has a good selection of pub grub and good ales on tap. The atmosphere is nice, especially in the colder months as they have the fires on and it feels nice and cosy. The staff are welcoming and friendly too. All round a good British pub.