“Amazing place !”

The Eastern Eye
Ranked #157 of 607 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mahal of Exquisite Indian Cuisine with the cities most impressive Georgian interior and triple domed high ceiling. Here at The Eastern Eye we are humbled and elated to have received multiple Restaurant of the Year Awards in 2011, along with a whole host of other accolades and positive reviews from popular magazines, newspapers and awards bodies. We specialize in wholesome traditional Indian food, with a touch of imagination and creative flair. We use some of the finest ingredients and pay immense attention to ensuring flavours are not only grounded in Indian culinary heritage, but also now and again break the mould with flavour combinations that are both unique and exceptionally delicious.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have been here to celebrate my 23 birthday and it was definitively the best place for it !! As a French food lover I can say that it is my favorite restaurant in England (and I have been in so many around England...)
I recommend this place if you are looking for nice food, nice place (you will be surprised trust me !) and friendly people.
Special thanks to the manager for his birthday present :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's an unassuming entrance to a beautiful room, originally a Victorian ballroom. We came for lunch and choose the lunchtime three course set menu which was a bargain at £8.50. There is a comprehensive a la carte offered if you feel more adventurous. Like most Indian restaurants, don't expect it to be full at lunchtime, which is a bonus for us as we like a fairly quite atmosphere. It was a hot day and the restaurant was nicely air conditioned. The staff were great, our orders were taken for drinks and papadoms, which came quickly. Our starters arrived promptly, as did or main course. We finished it off with the ice cream. Throughout the meal the waiters were very attentive and helpfull. The food was delicious. The decorated ceiling, large windows and ornate atmosphere made it a meal to remember.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a place suggested to us by relatives who live in the area. The restaurant is located in what appeared to be an old dance hall or ballroom with lots of large windows giving a lot of natural light. The decor is very pleasant and neat with friendly and engaging staff. The food quality is excellent and gives on the menu who spicy each dish is which is most helpful to those who cannot tolerate very spicy foods. My main praise for this place is the emphasis that is placed on taste rather than spice. My suggestion is to go for the thalis which provide a sample of a couple of curries which comes with rice, bread, and an appetizer.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

On the recommendation from our taxi driver, a group of us came here for a late night curry on a Saturday night. The venue itself is a former Georgian ballroom which has now been decorated with Indian murals, while retaining original features. There is a good selection on the menu, and when the food came it was very tasty - nothing sloppy or fatty, and decent portion size but not so big that it all gets left. I had lamb mon passand and bhindi bhaji with a peshwari naan, and it was absolutely delicious. The onion bhaji was probably the best I've ever tasted. The rest of the party were equally happy with their selections.
The bill with drinks and no dessert or coffee came out at about £25 per head including tip.
I would certainly go back to this restaurant and would have no hesitation in recommending it.

1  Thank Wisewoman65
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is an upscale Indian restaurant with better than average Indian food and in a central location. Took a while for us to have our order taken, mostly because no one waiter was responsible for our table. Wide variety of dishes and plenty for vegetarians.