“Interesting Indian” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Eastern Eye

The Eastern Eye
Ranked #127 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Mahal of Exquisite Indian Cuisine with the cities most impressive Georgian interior and triple domed high ceiling. Here at The Eastern Eye we are humbled and elated to have received multiple Restaurant of the Year Awards in 2011, along with a whole host of other accolades and positive reviews from popular magazines, newspapers and awards bodies. We specialize in wholesome traditional Indian food, with a touch of imagination and creative flair. We use some of the finest ingredients and pay immense attention to ensuring flavours are not only grounded in Indian culinary heritage, but also now and again break the mould with flavour combinations that are both unique and exceptionally delicious.
Mansfield Notts
“Interesting Indian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

Went here with another couple.
The room is lovely and very interesting, though I thought the furniture was a bit old fashioned. The approach up the stairs off the street is a bit daunting though. One of our friends said it reminded him of a working mens club! so when we went in the restaurant it was a relief to see the lovely spectacle of Indian art work and nice decor.
I didnt enjoy my main course ,I ordered a Chicken Rogan Josh and it was so hot /spicy that I couldn't eat it. Where I come from this is a mild dish! Four of us dined and two of us didnt enjoy it, so its probably a matter of taste and what the individual is used to. Apart from the main course everything else was to my taste.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Poor Food and Poor Service ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

I'm currently visiting Bath, I really fancied a Curry therefore I came across this restaurant. I entered at 1415 hrs on Tuesday, the waiter was from the offset very unwelcoming. I then asked if I could have a table to which the waiter made it clear they were closing at 1430 hrs. But he still seated me down. I ordered immediately and I over heard a convo that the chef had left, but nevertheless Im sure someone rustled the food together. My order arrived, albeit the wrong dish. However as the waiter was rushing me from the offset I decided to eat what they had given me. The food was tasteless and the spinach was old drenched in a curry sauce. My Nan bread smelt of a clean substance abd the veg was reheated and old. I made the waiter aware of the nan, he decided to take the bread right up to his nostrils and he reached the conclusion the bread didn't smell of cleaning substances and wanted me to eat as they were closing. He did not offer me an alternative, very disappointing.
I wonder how on earth have they got a shrine of awards, I question the authenticity of the awards. I wouldn't recommend eating at this restaurant, given my cross contamination record.

For your info the lunch time menu consists of old food from the previous night /s.

I look forward to a response from Management.

3 Thank Sadik M
Bristol
“Curry House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

Visited this large and atmospherical curry house when the rain and wind was doing it's best to demolish Bath.
The two of us arrived ( did not book ) early evening and were ' meet and greeted ' professionally. From then on the food and service was very good - as was the value for money.

Visited March 2014
Vashon, WA
“Beautiful setting, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We picked this restaurant on our first visit to Bath. Definitely beginners' luck! We ordered and shared the three course special with an extra side dish. It was very good and the service was excellent.

Visited September 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Stunning restaurant, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

The restaurant is stunning inside. The food was received differently by those dining. 2 of us found it very good, another 2 found it too spicy. I'd eat here again.

Visited August 2014