“Great service and yummy food”
Review of Loch Fyne - Bath

Loch Fyne - Bath
Ranked #74 of 592 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$40 - US$84
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My boyfriend and I visited Loch Fyne on for Sunday lunch. We didn’t book and had to wait a very reasonable 10 minutes for a table. We were seated and talked through the specials of the day. My boyfriend chose a fish soup while I chose herring for a starter. Unfortunately, his came out only luke warm so we sent it back without any hassle and an apology from the waiter. However, my herring was which had been marinated in 2 types of sauces were delicious.

For my main I had whole plaice while my boyfriend had the mussels. My plaice was delicious with a thick garlic and butter sauce and a beautiful side salad. The mussels were slightly on the small side but my boyfriend said the chips and garlic bread were great.

Fantastic service and good food.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

Food was fantastic, good portions, perfetly cooked seafood, had sea bass, salmon, scallops and scampi, all on the same plate, all cooked perfectly. Great wine and great service as well, only problem was how loud the restaurant was, not ideal for a date, but would be good for a birthday party!

Reviewed 25 September 2010

If the Bath 'Loch Fyne' is typical, I will no be visiting any others nationally. Far too much 'branding' & 'PR' before, during, and after the food - which in itself was not memorable.

Reviewed 13 September 2010

Good service, they are always ready for what ever you want. Can sometimes feel overdone and fake, like their job is riding on how they serve you. Food quality ok for slightly higher than average price mains. Higher priced items not worth the money. If you don't want to risk other restaurants this is a good bet for a decent meal.

Reviewed 11 September 2010

Loch Fyne Bath, has no ambience, the Manageress has a very unfortunate manner, TERSE to say the least. We booked a table and arrived 15 minutes early, whilst we waited we had to perch on very high stools. My husband asked for a nice table as this was a special occasion we were shown to a table and were told by the Manageress this is the table Take it or Leave it ! We did not walk out - Our waitress was very helpful and did the best she could to retrieve the situation. The food was average. The Ambience of the Restaurant was not good - tables crowded together, no atmosphere. A glass was dropped and shattered just adjacent to our table, the Manageress came to clear up bit only did a perfunctuary pass with the dustpan and brush leaving shards of glass under the table and chairs, could have been dangerous, we drew the attention of other staff to the fact and they dealt with the problem. In short having always liked Loch Fyne, the Bath location in our opinion should be avoided at all cost - Don't go there.

2  Thank shoesytwo