“Great takeaway option if staying in central Bath” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mai Thai
Price range: US$24 - US$31
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great takeaway option if staying in central Bath”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Bath is fortunate to have a number of Thai restaurants spread throughout the city. I've eaten in at least five of them over the years, including this place - although admittedly a long time ago. I recall the restaurant being extravangantly furnished, if a little bit cramped, and the food good. Now that I live around the corner Mai Thai is fast becoming our takeaway of choice, so if I'm not longer qualified to talk about the restaurant then I can certainly comment on the food.

The menu contains an enormous number of varied dishes - you could easily dine there dozens of times without ever having the same dishes, and enjoy yourself every time. As I said, I haven't 'eaten in' for a while, but I've tasted enough of the food to know that you can guarantee something tasty and well-presented, which compares favourably with other Thai restaurants in the city. The staff seem switched-on and helpful too. If you are looking for takeaway ideas then Mai Thai is well worth considering - a few of my neighbours seem to use the place too. And they always have everything ready in 15 minutes, no matter how large the order!

• Visited August 2014

San Terenziano
“Nice but not so nice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The restaurant is nicely and authentically furnished. However, once we sat down, things did not look so good anymore due to the attitude of the waitress. She acted as though she was doing us a favor. Food portions are on the small side and food quality is not as expected since we could not tell whether we were eating Chinese or Thai food.

To be fair to the establishment, the restaurant is still worth a visit as they have invested a lot on the ambiance authenticity.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Tepid Thai..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this Thai as the reviews on TA were very good & I've never tried Thai food before.
The restaurant was very authentic and had lovely detailed furniture.
We were welcomed & seated by an open window on warm summers night & this was appreciated!
Having never eaten Thai the menu was extensive & explained what was in each dish, perfect for beginners!
The starters were lovely, satay chicken & ribs with flavoursome dips. My partner had prawn Thai curry & I had a pork dish, we shared a pak choi & sticky rice however I'm sad to say they weren't over inspiring in flavour & they were luke warm as if they'd been stood around for a while.
The staff were pleasant & friendly but I can't say we'll be rushing back.

Visited July 2014
São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil
“Delicious Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Looking for places to eat, preferably with rice on the menu, we stumbled upon this charming restaurant. Decorated in Thai style, it gives the place a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere. It is located near North Parade Bridge, not far from Bath Abbey, which makes it easily accessible. It offers a wide range of meat choices and many combinations with vegetables and rice. Included in a list of our hotel among the best places to eat in the city, we surely agree and suggest it to all visitors of Bath.

1 Thank Marco_Batalha
London, United Kingdom
“All Thai-ed up...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Brilliant restaurant, good food, reasonable prices and super service, only downside was no draught beers but superb food.