“Cosy, romantic atmosphere, delicious food”

The Circus Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 620 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$20 - US$31
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Small, busy, much admired, family-run restaurant; serving seasonal, locally sourced, freshly cooked food; charming and welcoming staff; sensible and honest prices. Set in a fine Georgian house in Bath's most beautiful position - between The Circus and The Royal Crescent. Voted number 4 in the United Kingdom by The Times "Twenty secret restaurants that foodies love". Bookings advised.
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My fiance took me to the circus restaurant for my birthday, we had a table on the ground floor which was cosy and intimate. The restaurant was full but didn't feel crowded or too loud. The service was great and attentive, and the food was delicious! They were also happy to give me a smaller version of a main for my starter, as i couldn't decide which one i wanted more! Will be coming back when we have the money to do so...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,028)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Never disappointed with the Circus. Great food, and fantastic service - but never instrusive. Again, the English wine is good value and a lovely surprise - going to be looking to buy some from them directly!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Four of us ate here on a Friday evening for a friend's "special" birthday. The location is lovely, next to the Circus in a Georgian building. It's best to book as we noticed many people being turned away. Our table was upstairs, there are more tables in the cellar but as I'm claustrophobic I'm glad we were not downstairs. Decor is simple and stylish. From our table we could see into the small kitchen, which looked very clean and seemed very quiet and calm. Our waiter was a young lad, friendly and knowledgable. The food was absolutely lovely, I had crab for a starter and rabbit in a wine and tarragon cream sauce for main, both were exceptional, as was the venison that one of my friends chose. Wine and puddings were also very good indeed. For any occasion I would highly recommend this restaurant, for god value and delicious food.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I stumbled across this lovely little restaurant whilst we were enjoying a weeked in Bath. I have to say that although we had made no booking the staff were happy to accomodate us with a table. The service was excellent as was the food. Overall a very well run and friendly establishment that I would glady return to.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Squid starter. Outstanding. Steak tender. The only thing that let it down was French fries felt they were supermarket quality. That's the only minor thing. Service was fantastic. Wine list included English wines that were divine

Best restaurant I have been to In a long time.