“SURVIVING THE RECESSION”

Price range: US$21 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Small, busy, much admired, family-run restaurant; serving seasonal, locally sourced, freshly cooked food; charming and welcoming staff; sensible and honest prices. Set in a fine Georgian house in Bath's most beautiful position - between The Circus and The Royal Crescent. Voted number 4 in the United Kingdom by The Times "Twenty secret restaurants that foodies love". Bookings advised.
Reviewed 30 June 2012

With all the restaurants in Bath, there are far too many, The Circus have adapted successfully to the economic climate. Admittedly they are not the cheapest, but you certainly get what you pay for. The menu is fantastic and caters for all. When they say they have a special on they mean it, unlike most that say they have and when you have made your final decision they say "Oh that has now gone, but you can have.................... instead". Happened to me numerous times. The Circus change their menu monthly and at the moment have a dish to celebrate The Diamond Jubilee (Coronation Chicken) extremely delicious. Good idea to book even for lunch as they always seem full, which says something. Why not try it for yourself and enjoy.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

The fillet steak was the best I have had in a uk restaurant in years. My wife had John Dory as a main which was grilled and also excellent. Both our starters were fresh and tasty. Although this place works out about 15 pounds more than the Marlbourgh tavern another of my favourites, it feels like a more upmarket and cosy experience. I prefer tables upstairs.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Me and my partner came here for dinner monday 25th and loved it!

Lovely relaxed atmosphere, warm and intimate, great service.

Food was fantastic, We had the Scallops and Crab to start which were sooooo good, and for main we had Lamb and Pork, both also delicious. To finish we had the Eton Mess which again was delicious!

Would definitely recommend made our evening wonderful.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I ate dinner here on a Thursday evening. I had initially rejected it in planning my visit to bath after looking at reviews on Tripadvisor, however once I saw the restaurant in the flesh and read the menu I changed my mind and booked a table. I am very pleased that I did as the food was excellent. I have read commenst re the cheap tables, they looked pretty good quality to me. Our table was downstairs, which was beatifully decorated, although I do think there could be a little more space between tables. The wine list is small but again excellent, the wine was brought to our table at a perfect temperature. I think my only fault would be that the service was a little too quick for me.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

In our visit to Bath, we really found it difficult to find a place for dinner, as they all seemed excellent options. We finally chose "The Circus" and we were very happy to have found it. It's a small and pretty restaurant which offers good British food with a continental touch (not only French, also from other Mediterranean countries). Among other delicacies, you can taste the fresh fish of the day, and I really loved my calamari with saffron mayo (just an example).
Really worth for food lovers like us!