“A very surprising find”

Ranked #76 of 577 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated next to the Theatre Royal in the centre of Bath, the Garrick's Head Pub and and Dining Room offers a delicious selection of locally inspired dishes. Using seasonal ingredients and making everything fresh on site the kitchen serves traditional pub dishes such as fresh cod in beer batter with triple cooked chips and "the best burger in Bath" to more complex creations, Venison steak with a mini cottage pie of venison or poached Guinea fowl with wild garlic both popular at the moment. The Garrick's Head is ideally situated for pre Theatre dining as it is directly next door to the theatre so you are only minutes from your seat. Often described as a country pub in the city centre the Garrick's Head has roaring fires, four real ales and over 50 whiskeys, very much a pub with a dining room there are also over 50 seats outside on the terrace, perfect for watching Baths beautiful people come and go.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“A very surprising find”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

On a last minute trip to Bath my mother and I wandered into the Garricks Head for some lunch but it was the awkward time of 4.30pm on a Sunday. The roast dinners were not being served until 5.30pm which meant we could only choose from the bar menu and I was a little put out but chose the chicken, mushroom and leek pie. The pub was a 'town' pub, pleasant, clean but did not look particularly foodie so my expectations of pie and mash were not all that high, but oh, what a fabulous surprise when we got our meals. It was sublime. Everything on our plates was cooked to perfection and a couple of really tasty alternatives to the everyday veggies. The pie itself was 'proper' pastry, none of this puff stuff thrown on the top, in fact it was better than normal shortcrust and jampacked with chicken. I am literally salivating as I write this and I can't wait to take my husband there. The staff, though young, had been chosen well and were polite friendly and trained!! Not something you will find very often. Well done to the whole team there and could you please ask the chef to marry me!!!!!

1 Thank susiewoo1966

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Friendly attentive staff. What a lovely change.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited today with family and our little girl. Staff went out of there way to accommodate our requirements. My other half likes his roast dinner with more than one meat this was not a problem.
Managed to have a lovely meal without our 2 year old getting bored and running off due to the lovely waitress who Made mealtime such fun. If we could afford a nanny you could come and live with us! Food also fab... Nearly forgot to mention the food!

1 Thank samanthaw676
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Pub Food in Bath”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Having recently moved to Bath, I have dined at the Garricks Head on several occasions over the last 2 months, and on each visit the food and service has been 1st class. The young blond waitress who has served us on each occasion is a massive asset to the Garricks Head and would be someone I would very easily employ. I look forward to many more delicious meals as the Garricks Head will now be more local.

1 Thank Antony E
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“Exactly what it says on the notice outside”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great pub next to theatre Royal nothing pretentious. small but quality menu for food without doubt the best fish and chips I have had anywhere. A fine selection of wines and a small but qualiy selection of rums. Try the Havana Club Seleccion really excellent rum Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

1 Thank Phil A
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good value city centre pub”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Decent ale. A good menu. I ordered a Ploughmans but they do seem to be trying to be a bit arty farty with the food at the expense of quality.The barmen was very friendly and gave some toys to our kids. Handy for the theatre (of course!).