“Nice food, shame about the service”

The Bath Priory Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 568 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$39 - US$122
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At the heart of the hotel is our celebrated Michelin-starred restaurant, with magnificent views across the hotel’s award-winning gardens. Our menu offers a memorable culinary journey with a focus on fresh local produce, flavour and balance to create exciting, modern British dishes epitomising the best seasonal dining. Complemented by an exemplary wine cellar and exceptional insight from our Head Sommelier we ensure every detail of your dining experience is perfectly paired. Join us for lunch, dinner or afternoon tea or sample lighter bites in The Pantry.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice food, shame about the service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the Priory to have a Saturday Lunch with a friend. Which i was really looking forward too as I'd the spa previously and wanted to check out the food. We ate in the Pantry section as she has a young baby and this is the only option, which is understandable. It also turns out they had a large wedding in the main dining room.

On my arrival I was placed on a table in the middle of the wedding party to wait for my friend.

Once she arrived the wedding party had luckily moved on another room or else I don't know where she'd have sat on the table we'd booked!

The service throughout our lunch was extremely poor. There were two girls serving who appeared to do everything not to serve us. Although the food came out promptly, drinks, menus, the bill was appealingly slow! Once we'd paid the bill we even had to ask for our change which still took a further 15 minutes to sort out!

I was really disappointed as I was looking forward to this lunch with the hope of trying out the main restaurant soon. I'll now know to spend my money elsewhere in Bath.

Essex
“what a relaxing and magical place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We booked in for lunch and were greeted warmly and shown to the garden as it was a lovely day. From then on, it was unbeatable; the staff are friendly and knowledgeable ( its a lovely touch to be referred to by name on every suitable occasion! ) And as for the food--------my main course was Gnocchi with truffles and if I could have licked the plate I would have ! We spent a leisurely time savouring the food and the ambience without being hurried or hassled.
I should love to stay there next time we visit Bath.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Took my boyfriend for his 21st and the staff were very friendly and attentive. They let me eat from the a la carte menu because I was vegetarian and had little choice otherwise which was much appreciated! The food was exceptionally good (particularly the pudding!) and the staff were helpful telling us what was in each dish. The sommelier Francesca was very helpful too!
Had coffee in the lounge and then walked around the gardens afterwards which topped off a great meal.
Thanks for making it a lovely day!

Bath
“Affordable luxury!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Still the best place for a delicious, luxurious lunch in Bath

Food amazing, staff fabulously trained and very attentive

Gardens and surrounding beautiful

So glad I live close by, so I can visit regularly

Highly recommended

1 Thank marymacb66
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

our stay there was superb, i would recommend this hotel to everyone. a warm welcome and fantastic service and food

Visited July 2014