As previous reviews have said the lodges are lovely; clean, well equipped etc. The on site shop could have been better/more usefully stocked but there was a BP garage with a Spar shop within a few minutes walk. We didn't get to use any of the go-active facilities as things we wanted to do were already fully booked, but we did use the swimming pool, steam room and sauna - all spotlessly clean. Great place for walking up to and around the gorge. We hired some bikes from a place near the industrial park and cycled along The Strawberry line to Yatton station, where we stopped for a cup of tea and tasty slice of cake before heading back to base - approx 20 mile round trip. I visited the spa for a facial on our final night - Alice gave me my treatment - she was fantastic and I would recommend her.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the beautiful Mendip Hills, Cheddar Woods is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Breath taking scenery awaits you at our state of the art park - brand new for Summer 2013. Cheddar Woods is the ideal location for family holidays. Set in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, our fabulous park boasts beautifully furnished lodges both to purchase and to book for holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broadway House Holiday Park Hotel Cheddar
- Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa Somerset