“Relaxing and Active Holiday”

Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and Active Holiday”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As previous reviews have said the lodges are lovely; clean, well equipped etc. The on site shop could have been better/more usefully stocked but there was a BP garage with a Spar shop within a few minutes walk. We didn't get to use any of the go-active facilities as things we wanted to do were already fully booked, but we did use the swimming pool, steam room and sauna - all spotlessly clean. Great place for walking up to and around the gorge. We hired some bikes from a place near the industrial park and cycled along The Strawberry line to Yatton station, where we stopped for a cup of tea and tasty slice of cake before heading back to base - approx 20 mile round trip. I visited the spa for a facial on our final night - Alice gave me my treatment - she was fantastic and I would recommend her.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MichMoch2014
Christina L, Customer Services Manager at Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay here at Cheddar Woods. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of so many things on offer in the area as well as on park. We are indead fortunate to have some very gifted therapists in our Eden Spa and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your treatment and such lovely comments. I will be sure to pass these on to her and I hope we will see you with us again soon for another active but also relaxing stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
hove
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here for 5 days from 18 August with our daughter, her husband and 9 month old baby. Our lodge (17) was ideally located as short distance to main building. Nice pool for babies and toddlers with good changing facilities. The pool was quiet which was ideal for a baby who also liked the larger pool. Cannot fault the lodge...comfortable sitting room, very well equipped kitchen and nice duvets and towels. An en suite bathroom and separate toilet. Large decking area with views over the reservoir in the distance..comfortable seating outside. Takeaway was good. Our only criticism would be that the shop on site was very limited (also closed early as attached to reception) and we walked to the Spar shop at the petrol station. It would have been nice to get provisions on site. Landscaping was lovely and it was a very peaceful site. I would recommend that people should do more research before choosing a site as this was never portrayed as being Center Parc. The website is quite clear about the facilities and that extra facilities are chargeable. Would happily recommend this site to friends and family. Ideal base for beautiful surrounding countryside. We went to Weston super mare to the Seaquarium, Avon valley railway and Court farm country park all of which our grandson enjoyed. Not too far to drive to each afternoon. Last but not least the staff were pleasant and helpful.

1 Thank sarahHove
Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us here at Cheddar Woods. I am so pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your stay and particularly that your grandson enjoyed his stay and swim so much. I was also glad to hear that you took advantage of so many of the things the local area has to offer as we do have many wodnerful sites around us as well as on park.

I hope we will see you again soon for another relaxing stay.
Horley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We are just back from a week's holiday with our 6 children. We had a premier lodge with hot-tub & could not fault anything. We wanted GoActive activities for the children, who are aged 10-16 & they were ideal, having been to Hengar Manor in Cornwall last year, this was far superior. The staff were all helpful & friendly.

The only criticism was the restaurant in the evening, food was very average & we would of eaten in the restaurant more had the quality been better. The children had a great time & we've booked Piran Meadows in Cornwall for next August!

1 Thank KirsH2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed many of the wonderful things our GoActive team have to offer as well as the lodge and facilities. It was also a joy to ready the lovely comment toward our team.

I am sure you will enjoy your stay at Piran Meadows as much as this one but I hope we will see you with us here at Cheddar Woods again soon.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This place is really worth visiting over and over again .
It's has very clean and high spec lodges with wonderful hot tubs . Such a nice place to relax and unwind.
staff are really friendly and helpful. The spa and swimming pool are really nice .

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank P C
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay here at Cheddar Woods. I am so pleased you enjoyed it and I am sure we will see you with us again soon.
Kent
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Well, first of all I want to disagree with a couple of the negative reviews on here. Yes, the lodges are plastic clad rather than wooden BUT in the grand scheme of things this doesn't really matter, they look fabulous and the whole resort is well designed! Another negative review said that the fixtures and fittings were cheap. Seriously, was the reviewer actually staying at the same place as me?? There is nothing cheap about the fixtures and fittings here! Our lodge (no 19) was spacious, fabulous, luxurious, and had absolutely everything you could need.

The living room is large, nicely decorated with carpet, comfy seating, large TV, iPod docking station and charging station for every make of mobile phone you can think of. Plenty of power sockets and lovely curtains. An electric fire we didn't use and even some board games for wet days.

The kitchen is probably better equipped than the one I have at home. Double oven, combi microwave, dishwasher (3 tablets included as well as a small bottle of wash-up liquid and dish washing sponge), washer/dryer, fridge and freezer and huge gas hob. Modern cabinets with every glass, plate, cup and cooking utensil you could ask for. Sharp knives, good quality pans. My only comment would be that there isn't a lot of cupboard space left for storing food, and I would question the necessity of a full-size freezer when the most that your average family will use it for is ice and a pack of fish fingers!!! There is also a large, modern glass topped dining table with 6 smart chairs and even has place mats, drinks mats and salt & pepper mills.

Bedrooms well equipped, lovely comfy beds, thick duvets, good quality bedding and plenty of storage especially in the master bedroom where there was a walk-in wardrobe. Again plenty of power sockets and a flat screen TV in each room. Plenty of thick, fluffy towels, toilet rolls and gorgeous toiletries from The White Company in the bathroom that I loved so much I ordered some online before we even left the resort!

There is a large decking area at the front - some lodges have a hot tub (sadly we didn't book early enough to get one) and also a huge outdoor table with plenty of seating and cushions as well.

Each lodge has its own wifi point which was really easy to connect to. They give you 2 codes with your welcome pack for free which are valid for 1 week or 2gB, but if you need more or run out of data they are happy to give our more codes. I think between the 4 of us with phones, iPods, iPads and laptop we got through over a dozen codes in a week, none of which I had to pay for, it seems you can have as many codes as you want which certainly kept my kids happy.

The pool is good, and there is a sauna and steam room as well as relaxation area for adults. We went to the bar for drinks a couple of times and ate there once which was excellent.

Didn't get a chance to use the Spa facilities but it looked fabulous in there.

All in all, an excellent holiday resort, really close to Cheddar Gorge, cannot fault it at all.

Room Tip: Book early and get a hot tub!!!
2 Thank Carole-Anne C
Thank you for the wonderful feedback following your stay with us. It offers a lovely description and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the lodge and found everything to your liking as we do try to ensure that you have all you need for a brilliant stay.

I am also glad to hear you tried some of our facilities and enjoyed the local area and I hope we will see you with us again in the future for another enjoyable stay.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Wow....this place is amazing....its quiet and defo 5 star...the staff are all very friendly and will do anything for you...we picked this for our honeymoon and was perfect....the only thing i can fault is that it would be good if all verrandas had gates on,as we had a 2 year old and it would have kept her more contained...lol.... swimming pool is lovely, and all very clean. Would highly reccomend this place...thank you for our pleasent stay.....x :)....

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kathryn b
Christina L, Customer Services Manager at Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your special stay with us. I am so pleased that you had such a good stay and enjoyed all that Cheddar Woods has to offer and I hope we will see you again in the future for another enjoyable break with us.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I agree with lots already said in previous reviews lodges are spacious and very luxurious. We had a hot tub and it was fantastic . The park overall is very well kept pool area and showers are immaculate .
We have a five year old who tried a couple off the go active sessions And loved them and at £5 for one and half hours I felt it was good value .
There was a small farm shop that sold some nice things but I do think the park would benefit from a bigger shop selling a bit more for two days there was no bread .
The pool is nice not large with a whirl pool section at one end. Children are not allowed to jump in. I think some slides for children or inflatables would he a good idea to make the use off the pool more fun even if they were only used at certain times off the day.
On the whole cheddar woods is a lovely place and in a great position for exploring the area.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay here at Cheddar Woods. It is lovely to hear your comments about your stay with us and I am glad to hear that you took advantage of the facilties as well as the enjoyable activties.

I hope we will see you with us again soon for another active stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheddar
Wookey Hole Hotel
Combe Grove Hotel
Combe Grove Hotel
#21 of 31 in Bath
Bath Mill Lodge Retreat

Been to Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!