“Delicious all day breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Cheddar
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
shaftesbyry
“Delicious all day breakfast”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Two of us had an all day breakfast each in the simply gorgeous tea room this afternoon and it was absolutely delicious. We choose this tearoom as it looked lovely and welcoming and the all day breakfast was £1.75 cheaper than a cafe we had already walked past. Staff were very friendly the tearoom was delightful and toilets clean.Overall food and service was absolutely faultless. I also feel that other things on the menu were very reasonably priced. Next time I visit cheddar I will have to stop at simply gorgeous for another perfect breakfast.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank jennifer474

London
“Charges for tap water, standards slipping....”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Went here today after the Cheddar Gorge half marathon looking forward to a nice relaxing lunch. Unfortunately, service wasn't with a smile, music kept skipping, food was worse than last year and they charge for tap water!

They weren't too happy when we were asking about gluten free options - even asking what was in the salad seemed an inconvenience to the staff.

The ploughman's was okay but unfortunately we couldn't quench our thirst due to their ridiculous policy of charging for tap water!!

When we asked the owner, he accused us of 'not having stepped in a restaurant recently' as this was apparently 'standard'. I didn't dignify this with a response - no tip left...

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank whiteflock
worcestershire
“Always an excellent breakfast”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

On visiting Cheddar Gorge, we can never visit without dining at Simply Gorgeous Tea Room.
Just have to have a breakfast there in the lovely surroundings of The Tea Room.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank tashWorcestershire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Scones and Cream”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

It was really refreshing have a coffee and Cream Tea after a walk. Amazing atmosphere and location. I would really like to come again and have a nice afternoon coffee scones and cream

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Vivek V
Bristol, United Kingdom
“My favourite cafe in Cheddar”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've been coming to this cafe/tea shop for several years now, and I cannot fault it. The menu is extensive and very reasonably priced,the staff are always friendly and the service is excellent.

Most of the time I cycle there, and there's plenty of bike storage in the garden area at the back, and the staff are only too happy to refill water bottles if you need them filled. There's even a track pump in the cafe too!

I've sampled a few things on the menu, but the highlights for me are the fresh cheese scones, the soup or the jacket potatoes.

• Visited April 2014