“Amazing meal!”

Edelweiss
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Cheddar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Edelweiss is a popular and long established family run cafe serving breakfasts, home-cooked meals, light bites, teas and real barista made coffees. It is open seven days a week until late lunchtimes, increasing to 5pm during the summer. Wheelchair, Children and Dog friendly.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My boyfriend and I ate here while on holiday last month. We chose the lunch combination, and left so incredible full and satisfied. The restaurant is charming and felt like I was eating dinner at my grandma's house, and the food was delicious and made with quality ingredients. The staff was amazing, we couldn't have asked for a better meal in Cheddar! Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Edelweiss

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Called here for lunchtime snack Tuna mayo sandwich and ham and cheese sandwich, plus a nice pot of tea.
Came with side salad and nice crisps, and tasted lovely.
Beautiful well kept place at the foot of the gorge, car park opposite the café.
Once you have paid to park, you can used any car park up the gorge so drive up.
It's very steep if your not young and fit.
The people who run the café are lovely and friendly, and the menu is quiet extensive.
They offer lots of full 3 course meals and steaks etc., so if feeling hungry then give it a try.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This tea room is the exception to an otherwise disappointing visit to Cheddar. The food was superb, the staff absolutely brilliant and reasonable priced. If you want to eat or drink in Cheddar, go here!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was our first visit to the Edelwiess. We went with my sister and her husband who eat here very regularly. Of course being the strawberry season and being that the Cheddar valley is renowned for its strawberries the choice for 3 of us was strawberries, icecream and shortbread. Myself I had delicious lemon drizzle cake. Yes, we wil bo there again.

1  Thank LALLYSTU
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently visited Edelweiss Café with my husband whilst cycling around Cheddar Gorge. Its the perfect place to call and sit outside on a blue-sky day whilst being able to look after your bikes. I thoroughly enjoyed one of their cream teas and can highly recommend this lovely café. The service was impeccable and the food delightful.