“Almost as good as being back up north”
Review of Tuckers

Tuckers
Ranked #20 of 44 Restaurants in Cheddar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

As a northerner living in the south west, I struggle to find really good fish and chips. Nowhere south of Stoke on Trent does good chips and gravy but at least I have Tuckers.

The chips are good and the (skinless) cod is always firm and flaky with a delicious crispy batter.

The takeaway staff are always happy and friendly and it is always worth the wait when you know you'll get something fresh out of the fryer. I have only eaten in the restaurant once and that was equally good.

1  Thank MikeyTheBikey

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We had the Haddock special which came with a drink for £8.40 Food and service were fine. Would revisit if in the area.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here on our recent trip to cheddar gorge. As I'm not a fan of fish I had chips, egg, bacon and beans. The food was well cooked and tasty.

The waitress was polite and the service was efficient. The cost was very reasonable considering the prime location in the cheddar gorge.

The only reason I've only given 4 stars is that whilst we were eating there was a man up a ladder fixing the ceiling just above us, he then proceeded to vacuum up the dust he'd created, which was a bit of a concern whilst we were eating a couple of feet away.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Not the greatest fish & chips, but not the worst I every had either. slightly over priced and the tables need more cleaning - salt everywhere. Staff friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Went to Tuckers whilst visiting Cheddar last weekend and our friends suggested we had lunch here. We all had fish and chips and were all very impressed with them. The staff were nice. We will be visiting again soon