“Delightful Tea Room”

The Wishing Well Tea Rooms
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Cheddar
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Delightful Tea Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wandering down from the caves etc it was time for lunch. This was a Monday and many places were amazingly closed, but The Wishing Well was open. We decided to sit outside as it was a lovely day, but finding a waitress to tell her we were there was a little slow. The lunch was freshly prepared, so took a little time, but certainly mu Ploughman's lunch was very enjoyable save the Somerset Brie was either too young/had dried out.

I was amused by my wife being asked not to put her hot (for the tea) water pot directly onto the table as it would damage the table! But all in all it was a good lunch, at a very reasonable price.

• Visited June 2014

Thornbury, United Kingdom
“Morning coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went here for morning coffee and it was very good. We all needed perking up on our arrival and this did the trick.
Just one thing, someone commented previously about the cakes not being covered up, but they were all covered up when we visited and the tearooms looked very clean. The staff are friendly too.

Visited June 2014
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Half an hours wait and for what”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I ordered a Baguette with Tomato,Lettuce and Bacon,also Tea,and waited for over half an hour for it to arrive at my table,i always thought that a Baguette was a CRUSTY roll,but mine was a Panini roll,and certainly not even warm.Price was quite expensive too.
The waitress was very polite and was doing her best but i noticed that several customers,sat down and waited for around ten minutes then decided to leave,Why do we British have to put up with the wait,all we want is Good food and a drink,so that we can get on with whatever we want.
Sorry to say that The Wishing Well Tea Rooms will most definately ,Not be seeing me again.

• Visited June 2014
Llandysul, United Kingdom
“NOTHING DELUXE ABOUT OUR CREAM TEA!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Visited here with my friend and our children. We have been looking forward to a Deluxe cream tea all holiday as a nice treat. Hoping to sample the delicious local produce. We ordered the deluxe £7.95 cream tea. It was terrible ! We expected lush filled sandwiches and were given 3 tiny triangles of dry bread with barley any of the cheap dry fillings. They were the worse sandwiches iv ever paid for! The cakes were dry and tiny and very basic, again nothing deluxe. In fact not nice at all. The jam was not a nice strawberry conserve I'm not even sure what flavour it was. By the time the food arrived the tea was cold. We sat staring at family photos which was weird while waiting. The cheese on toast for my son looked microwaved. My daughters jacket potato came on a lovely plate with salad but they had left the tin foil on the base of the potato and a sticker still on a slice of orange which was a choking hazard for my young daughter and put her off her food when she pulled it out of her mouth. A ham mustard and salad cream sandwich was ordered the salad cream never arrived. We had to remind them about 2 missing meals. All in all it was an absolute waist of money. When we complained were told "what do you expect me to do about it? It's too late for you to tell me now you have finished. !" Even when I told her about my daughter nearly choking all we got was a sarcastic "sorry" rubbish place DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sammiehd
Hertford, United Kingdom
“dont go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

looking for a nice cream tea and some sandwiches we thought it looked quite nice from the outside- looks can be deceiving! sandwiches were really small so much so they would be ok for a small child, not noticing untill asking for the bill they charge 1.75 for a can of coke (we had 3) and 1.75 extra for a baguette rather than bread!!. 2 small sarnies one baguette 3 cokes and a cuppa tea set me back 18.50!! oh and had to wait so long for it too ,wish i had walked away totall rip off , its run by a family with their photos all over the place its all abit weird i wish i had pre looked on trip advisor it seems everyone says the same- DONT BOTHER

• Visited May 2014