“Ok but not the best”

Dining options: Breakfast
Leicester
“Ok but not the best”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stopped here for lunch on a rainy Saturday in July. We were seated quickly and put on a 'quiet table' in the corner (I think they wanted to keep our children away from the other guests?). Order taken promptly and drinks and food arrived quite quickly. One sandwich arrived wrong, but my Dad was hungry so didn't argue and accepted it. The side salad is just strange, unless you like Orange with your yellow pepper? Sandwiches ok. The Childrens lunch box meal was a complete rip off (whatever it cost). Advertised as a sandwich with a drink, crisps, chocolate and fruit. The drink was a cheap carton (27p?) of black current squash, crisps were cash and carry cheese puffs (horrid and 15p), chocolate a penguin and the fruit was a tiny packet of dried up raisins?! Took my little boy down the road to get his dessert.

• Visited July 2014

Kent
“okay.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I wanted something to eat at an odd time of mid afternoon. The service was good. I had my dog with me and we could have sat outside or in.
The tea in a pot and cups and saucers was made well. The omelette was possibly only one egg and the salad was odd, onions and sliced orange, coleslaw, grapes, lettuce. The cappuccino did not taste like fresh coffee ( I did not check, and was a version of 'milky coffee') not really what I was looking for. But not bad either.

Visited July 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Delightful Tea Room”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wandering down from the caves etc it was time for lunch. This was a Monday and many places were amazingly closed, but The Wishing Well was open. We decided to sit outside as it was a lovely day, but finding a waitress to tell her we were there was a little slow. The lunch was freshly prepared, so took a little time, but certainly mu Ploughman's lunch was very enjoyable save the Somerset Brie was either too young/had dried out.

I was amused by my wife being asked not to put her hot (for the tea) water pot directly onto the table as it would damage the table! But all in all it was a good lunch, at a very reasonable price.

• Visited June 2014
Thornbury, United Kingdom
“Morning coffee”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went here for morning coffee and it was very good. We all needed perking up on our arrival and this did the trick.
Just one thing, someone commented previously about the cakes not being covered up, but they were all covered up when we visited and the tearooms looked very clean. The staff are friendly too.

Visited June 2014
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Half an hours wait and for what”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I ordered a Baguette with Tomato,Lettuce and Bacon,also Tea,and waited for over half an hour for it to arrive at my table,i always thought that a Baguette was a CRUSTY roll,but mine was a Panini roll,and certainly not even warm.Price was quite expensive too.
The waitress was very polite and was doing her best but i noticed that several customers,sat down and waited for around ten minutes then decided to leave,Why do we British have to put up with the wait,all we want is Good food and a drink,so that we can get on with whatever we want.
Sorry to say that The Wishing Well Tea Rooms will most definately ,Not be seeing me again.

• Visited June 2014