“The Best place to eat in the areas is.....Reeves!!!”
Review of Reeves Restaurant

Reeves Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Dunster
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I have eaten here many times and it is always a joy. So friendly and professional - wonderful service. The Chef is superb and every meal that I've had maintains the quality and standards they aspire to achieve.
Warm and cosy atmosphere - this is a perfect place for an autumn / winter supper or roaring Sunday lunch.
Reasonable prices - remember it is a good restaurant. Great choice of wines....a small waiting area by the fire to enjoy a pre dinner drink and select your meal....it is small os be early

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I know I wrote a review last year, but how can I not mention the wonderful meal that we had at Reeves. I had a very tasty and delicate steak tartare for starters, I gather that the crab cocktail wasn't particularly memorable, but the main courses were both Wow.
Beef wellington 10 out of 10 cutting through the meat was like cutting through butter. I still remember the hake on a mediterranean mix of vegetables topped with cheese crust. There was rice to go with it. I know it doesn't sound much but it was amazing.

I'm afraid we were too full for desserts.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

A chef at the top of his game. Some inspired combinations that worked so well. Where next for this awarding winning duo. Hopefully they stay right here. Well done

Reviewed 6 September 2018

How on earth did this place spring up in Dunster? Elegant décor, fantastic service and first class food.

I had decided to eat here a day in advance by scrutinising the menu that is helpfully posited outside. I spend most of my time in the Middle East where any part of the noble pig is definitely not going to be on the menu. So, Pork is was going to be.

How lovely to have the Chef come out of his domain to explain to me that the tropical summer that England had enjoyed in 2018 had negatively affected the reproductive cycle of pigs (as I said I live in the Middle East, I can sympathise). As a result, several diners had described the pork as “tough”. Would I like the Duck instead? Being partial to the fowl as well (there aren’t many ducks in the desert either) I said yes.

Beautiful dish, gorgeous duck on a bed of noodles and vegetables with a grand sauce.

Now the slightly less positive, Many a restaurant can be judged on its Crème Brule and, frankly, this one was not up there with the best. Loved the strawberries with the caramelised coating and that little sugar cage over the top was a joy. However, I could have skated over the caramelised top of the Brule itself when it should have been a delicate shell like layer.

That aside, and it is only a slight blight on the evening, it is easy to see why this place might be a focus for those seeking a relaxed but sophisticated evening at the gates of Exmoor in all its rural splendour.

If you are staying in Dunster, a visit to Reeves is a must. Oh yes, and I loved the wine

1  Thank WordWarrior82
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We went to Reeve's reasturant for our 30th anniversary..it was fab enjoyed ourselves so did our friends.. lovely meal and good service..if you get the chance to go you won't regret it..our friends are going to go again..and so will we.. although we live in shepton mallet near wells.somerset we hope to go when we go on holiday to the area next year..

Date of visit: August 2018