“Dunster Beach Holiday Chalets”
Review of Dunster Beach

Dunster Beach
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Dunster
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Dunster Beach Holiday Chalets”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have been to Dunster Beach for very many family holidays and are always delighted by its old world charm and slower pace of life. It offers endless safe fun for children because the chalets are so close to the sea. You are on the beach without having to go anywhere - so easy for mum and dad to relax and supervise all at the same time. The best chalets are the ones right on the seafront so I would recommend always asking for one of those. We have been staying in number 7 which has recently had some updating. We have enjoyed this one because they always say location location location and for us this chalet has one of the prime locations on the beach. There are no chalets opposite it so, as well as clear close views straight to the sea and beach from the rear of the chalet, the front looks towards Dunster and Exmoor across farmland, whereas some of the chalets look at other chalets. Also it has its own parking space to the side which suits us, not all of the chalets have that. The only negative for some people are that this chalet does not accept dogs. However, we like that aspect of it. It has an open plan living area, could sleep up to five, has a separate kitchen and loo and showers are one minute away. We are going back next month for another week - we can't resist the traditional magic that Dunster Beach offers. It is a conservation area and there is a lake with ducks, woodland walk, tennis court and a short walk away the wonderful steam railway. Perfect for bicycles and also a lovely on site shop for all your basics, plus hot and cold food. We suggest you try it for yourself - you won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2014
7 Thank Elizabeth T

Minehead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pitman's Retreat Chalet 46”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've stayed in Chalet 46 for the past ten years and love it more each time I come. The chalet is equipped with everything you would need including its own shower and toilet. The beds are made up and fresh towels are supplied which gives it a special home from home feel about the place. The site itself is just magical and so relaxing, you can take a walk around the small lakes, stroll on the beach or walk up to the station to catch the steam train for a short ride into minehead.
You can make the chalet a base for exploring exmoor and the local beaches.
I highly recommend a visit.

5 Thank sarah p
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lovely site and views chalet needed some improvement.”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I used to go as a child and loved it so I decided to give it another go after 25 years, it hadnt changed a bit the site was well kept and there were various things to do, and staff were nice and the views were stunning from all angles. We don't drive and got the train there and bus to dunster, we walked it everywhere to dunster minehead and blue anchor all were very enjoyable even with a two year old walking! We stayed in Kelly's chalet which was ok but needed a good clean before we settled in the grill pan handle was none existent which was very dangerous when grilling bacon. The toilet seat was not there either?? The lavender in front garden was blocking the door and was a hinderance and the electric box was a bit dogey. Overall this was a lovely holiday And very affordable for a weeks stay. I am going back this year and trying a different chalet...looking forward to it : ))
Vonnie

Visited June 2013
4 Thank sandra b
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Second Stay......”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a week in one of the chalets on Dunster Beach last September and we have just returned from a second stay. Nothing has changed...We both still love it. Being able to sit in the chalet watching tremendous thunder and lightening storms out at sea on a couple of nights was amazing. The on site shop is well stocked and its cafe does a really excellent breakfast which is worth sampling. The entire site is very well maintained. An improvement from our last visit is that the Wi-Fi signal now extends further and I was able to get on line in our chalet without problem. Once again we found the shower blocks to be spotlessly clean. This is a very restful place to stay, with lovely walks in or around the site, as well as having the beach nearly on your doorstep, however it is also a good base to use for touring the area.

5 Thank keyboardreview
Cirencester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beachside Chalet”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have just spent 5 wonderful days at Beachside, which is a beautiful and well equipped chalet overlooking the sea, funnily enough!! Having spent many happy holidays at Dunster Beach when I was growing up in the 60's and early 70's, I suddenly had an urge to revisit the place I had been so happy. I was not disappointed, and as we drove onto the site and got our first look at the chalets, it was as if time had stood still. if you want a real get away from it all place to unwind, look no further. Beachside is a little home from home, its clean, well presented and comfortable. We will be returning!!

5 Thank Cassie123Cirencester