“Get away from it all in the Somerset levels”
Review of Newhouse Farm

Newhouse Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Newhouse Farm
Ranked #29 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2012

New House Farm is an active farm, in a lovely spot down quiet country lanes, just off a crossroads, in the middle of the Somerset Levels, between a couple of Nature Reserves at Westhay and Shapwick. Anne, the host makes everything as comfortable and enjoyable as possible for your stay and the rooms are well equipped and have some nice touches like the hairdrier and the 'lotions and potions' in the bathroom. The double room we stayed in was number 3. Breakfast is so bountiful that it will keep you going all day! The single room my son was in was equally well stocked with a tea tray and such like.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SChrodingers_Cat13

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Newhouse Farm is one of the best b&b establishments we have ever stayed in Anne made us so welcome with a very welcome cup of tea and cake. The room was faultless every thought has been made to make your stay perfect and many of the extra's you would only find in a top rate hotel. We stayed in room 1, this is a large King or twin room overlooking the garden. The room was warm, light and very welcoming. The bathrobes are a lovely touch as is the fridge in the room to keep fresh milk and a bottle of wine. Glasses are also provided. My pet hate is ordering breakfast the night before but on this occasion I am more than happy to let it pass as it really was the only niggle and that’s a personal thing. Breakfast was lovely with cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt, and any combination of cooked you can imagine and the most divine strawberry jam. Anne caters for diet requirements and if you have any special requests just ask. The location is rural and peaceful, if eating out we recommend the Crown Inn at Catcott but don't eat all day as the portion sizes are large. I would recommend a stay here to anybody as I am sure you will always receive 1st class service and always be made very welcome.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ally2906
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Great host, comfortable spacious room, great breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2010

We stayed at Newhouse Farm for my birthday & it was lovely. Anne has been doing B&B for 30 years & it shows as she has everything really great. Lovely big, comfortable room with a double size shower cubicle in the en-suite & loads of toiletries that you don't usualy get like a small tube of toothpaste & a few cottonwool buds etc. There is a small fridge in the room with fresh milk for your tea & coffee & a bottle of water. Anne made us feel very welcome with a cup of coffee on arrival & a coffee when we got back from our cycle ride which we could have either served in the lounge or in the conservatory. I took my birthday cards with me to open on my birthday, which I then put up in the room, Anne obviously saw them when she came in to clean as when we came back from our day out there was a card for me from everyone at the farm which I thought was a lovely touch. We had dinner both nights & the dinners & the breakfasts were lovely with fresh, local, tasty food . Great location, near to Glastonbury, Cheddar, Clarks designer outlet & Wells.
Will definiately stay again & would recommend to anybody who wants a relaxing, peaceful weekend with great food & friendly service

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sue_eddie
Reviewed 4 August 2008

We travelled to Somerset for my birthday. We were visiting Wookey Hole and Longleat and wanted somewhere to stay for 2 nights. I booked this hotel via the internet and I was a little worried as we normally stay in 4 - 5* hotels. When we arrived we were greated and taken to our room. It was lovely with two huge windows one over looking the massive garden and the other looking over the working farm. It was very clean, with TV, DVD, Radio, Clock Alarm, Trousers Press, Tea and Coffee, Fridge, Hairdryer, Chocolates, lovely furniture, huge bed and a smaller one for my daughter. There were even slippers in the room and also large white fluffy bath robes hanging in the cupboard for you to use. The bathroom was very clean, with everything that you would need, lots of clean white fluffy towels, and all the things that you would find in a 4 or 5 * hotel, including a hot water bottle if you needed on. The bed was lovely to sleep in with lots of pillows. It was on a road but it was very quite and it was so nice to wake up in the mornings to the cows accross the road mooing. You are welcome if you ask them and they are happy to show you around the farm. You do need to check with them first as it is a working farm you can not just wonder in there by yourself. Maybe take some welly boots if you want to go to the farm with the kids. They were lovely and very helpful and very friendly. We stayed in the main house room number 3. There are 3 rooms in the main house and they also have a self catering cottage attached to the main house, by the horse stables. The food was delicious which was made to order, the eggs were just lovely to have. The dining room was large with a very large window over looking the garden. Lots of cereal, fruit, yogurt to choose from and also a main cooked breakfast and toast, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit teas etc., They even put a birthday card in the room for me on my return from Wookey Hole. It was a great location for Wookey Hole and not to much of a drive to Longleat. Also close to Glastonbury about 5 miles. Wells is a lovely village to visit as well and only a few minutes drive. Well has a beautiful cathedral which was just stunning. They have lots of information in the farm about local attractions and they are very helpful in advising you as well. I am surprised that I have not come accross this B&B on Trip Advisor before. It was brilliant and I would recomment them 100%. We paid £80 a night for the 3 of us. Brilliant and I would definitly stay there again if I was going to the area. Check out their web page. wwwnewhousefarmbandb.co.uk I would recommend that you book this B&B it was an enjoyable experience definitly one that I would use again and again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BerkshireDolly