“Don't like sharing bathrooms”

and 1 more site!
Angels of Awakening at the Daisy Centre
Ranked #46 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Don't like sharing bathrooms”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The rooms were clean and staff were friendly, but we were not told that it was vegetarian, therefore a bit shocked to go down to breakfast to find that the only thing available, besides cereals etc, was eggs.

But biggest gripe was that we expected en-suite bathroom and found that we had to share a bathroom on our floor (1st floor) with room upstairs and if it was busy were supposed to go downstairs to share bathroom off office or one sort of stuck under the stairs.

Also found it quite noisy as church clock goes every quarter of an hour and parking in main car park an extra charge. Car park also used by local youth as a gathering place so very noisy till early hours of morning.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an en suite (unless you don't mind sharing a bathroom with lots of other p...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank MaryMarycontrary365

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The healing group I am with stayed at the Daisy Centre for one night and overall we were very impressed by the energy of this space. Breakfast was an excellent spread of wholesome goodies and the rooms are clean and white. However I have to note that this accommodation is not disabled friendly as the outside room a disabled member was given had two steps to the door and the shower was inside the main house (there not being any ground floor bedrooms in the main building). So for most of our group the Centre was most suitable whilst this one member did not enjoy her stay so much.

Room Tip: The Merlin room is the only en-suite bedroom.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julie_Louie
Daisysangel, Owner at Angels of Awakening at the Daisy Centre, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Julie,
thank you for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure to have your group stay with us. I'm sorry Pat didn't enjoy her stay too much, it is difficult with painful disabilities such as rheumatoid arthritis.

In case you visit us again we do have a twin ensuite room on the ground floor, the Chamuel. However this was already booked when you made your enquiry so it wasn't an option for you.

Blessings to you all.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I spent a week at the Daily Centre Retreat in Glastonbury when I was doing a three-day training course there. I travelled alone and found the Daisy Centre a little haven of peace to return home to in the evenings.
It gave me a very positive environment to help digest the things I was learning on my Reiki training and this space was very important to me.
If the weather had been better, I would have enjoyed sitting in the garden in the evenings, but as it was summer 2012, I cuddled up in my room or sat in the lovely lounge instead. In the mornings we had some very interesting discussions over breakfast. I wish I could have lingered longer.
I spent my birthday there this year, and they made it special for me - what more can I say except a big thank you!
I'll be back for my next retreat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank creativewoman5
Nieuwe-Niedorp, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I just got home from my second trip in Glastonbury. Last year I spend a whole week at the daisy centre and this time it was fully booked so I had to stay somewhere else, but because of some personel problems the owners had. I coulden't stay at the place I had booked. And ended up at the Daisy centre because they had a cancelation. They really make you feel welcome and at home. The meditations and healings that Daisy does are powerfull en really good. And they serve a great breakfast. So if you go to Glastonbury go there, you are only a few steps away from town centre but it´s very calm there. It´s clean and the rooms and beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: I have been in the Madonna and Melchizedek room and I really loved these rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

It's in a serene & tranquil spot in the center of Glastonbury, a stones throw from the town center....An amazingly relaxing break away, to recharge your batteries.....The Daisy center has friendly staff, healthy, plentiful breakfasts, catering for everyone including vegans, vegetarians & gluten free diets.. The rooms are clean & spacious with a lovely energy, that are based around the archangels & the energy reflect this.
The grounds are pretty & tranquil & the chill out meditation room is beautiful.
We only stayed 1 night but wish we could have stayed for longer.....
Daisy & Paul offered an opening of the heart meditation, which helped open our hearts to enable us to connect to the layed back Glastonbury experience. We were made to feel important & special & you also receive a free gift of angel cards & a meditation CD which we felt was a lovely touch.
We would highly recommend this retreat if you need a relaxing spiritual experience,to just get away from reality for a while.... we loved every second of the experience & will b e returning again very soon ♥

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrystalAtlantis
Amersham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I booked this hotel a few days ago on this site, had it confirmed and one day before i was due to go i get an email from expedia to say it is unavailable. I even text the hotel yesterday to ask about complimentary therapies and healing and possibly a tarot card reading and they got back to me telling me to arrange this on arrival !!

The very next day it is cancelled !!

You see, I think it is because I am single woman and had booked the twin room for a discounted price and they have been underhand and booked the room out to a couple instead - to obviously make more money.
I have spoken to the lady from expedia and she was disappointed that the hotel would behave in such a way.

There is one thing selling your self as an ethical business there is quite something else living up to it !!
They offered me the single room instead at the hotel ........ you see there were vacancies... they just wanted to make more money and fill up their rooms !!

I was so looking forward to this trip - i have had a very traumatic time recently - and just needed to have a break and relax - I couldnt accept the single room as i just wouldnt have felt comfortable knowing Id been pushed out to make way for higher-paying guests. I had planned the route, picked out the clothes i was going to wear, I was totally gutted to get the email this afternoon ... it came as a knife to the heart!!

Room Tip: You may want to question the owner's integrity !
Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
23 Thank Rosie M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My recent stay at the Daisy Centre was a peaceful oasis of calm, very close to the centre of Glastonbury, wonderfully comfortable beds and lovely choice for breakfast. Daisy and Paul are very welcoming and I shall surely be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business