“Tranquil beauty in the heart of Glastonbury”

and 1 more site!
Angels of Awakening at the Daisy Centre
Ranked #46 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Tranquil beauty in the heart of Glastonbury”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I spent a week in Glastonbury for a conference and stayed at the Daisy Centre. Daisy and her staff run a wonderful little B&B. As you walk through the gate into the quiet garden and from there into spotlessly clean rooms you are greeted by angels. The theme of the Daisy Centre is angels, and while I'm not a big angel fan myself, I did find them reassuring. I stayed in the tiny little Angel Raphael room, which had everything I needed, and no distractions. This was a great place to unwind between conference sessions or sightseeing. The Daisy Center is only a few steps from the High Street. The breakfasts were wholesome and vegan options are always available. I would love to stay here again on my next trip to Glastonbury.

Room Tip: There is no pool, fitness center, tv, radio or other distractions. This is a place for quiet medita...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Lanora D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

My mum and I stayed at the daisy centre hotel for 1 night and we were both very happy.
Daisy greeted us, introduced us to her new bird :) checked us in and showed us around and to our room!
We stayed in the Madonna room which was spacious, very clean and comfortable.
Daisy invited us to her gathering of angels evening which was amazing!!!
Breakfast was lovely and set us up great for the day!
Defo recommend the daisy centre! Lovely relaxing place to stay and daisy is very welcoming and ensures your stay is perfect!
Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Coolio999
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I booked the Daisy center thinking it would be a wonderful retreat and experience, I booked a room not knowing at the time that it was to be a shed in the garden (they do make this a little clearer now) it was cold, had no ensuite for that you have to cross the garden to little more than a public loo, I didn't feel safe and it certainly was not the tranquil spot I had hoped for, alas this falls into the commercial aspect of Glastonbury not its true meaning, there are definietly better places to stay in Glastonbury but not with the hype.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
23 Thank pips155
sarasota FL
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This accommodation is right next to St. John's church, and has lovely energy. Many retreats are done here, and Daisy is a wealth of information on crop circles and suggesting places to see. As other reviewers have written, parking is not free unless you find a spot on the street in front. Finding the parking lot was a challenge for me, too.

The garden is the highlight of this peaceful retreat. I loved it there. The huge rose quartz is astounding. The ley line runs right through the Church next door, and you can feel the energy of the ley.

My biggest complaint was the others who were staying here. I was just off an overnight flight from the US, and was quite tired. I went to bed around 8:30, only to be awakened a short time later by three young girls (8-11) running around, shouting, and literally acting like the place was theirs alone. After one hour I finally asked them to keep their voices down. The Mother apologized in the morning and said she thought there was no one else on the floor. I do not think it should have been up to me to ask them to quiet down.

The breakfast was plentiful and served in the lovely conservatory.

The garden alone is worth staying here for. Just be sure there are not children on the premises, or ask that they be informed to please be quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jeanninelehman
norcal
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I brought a group of 6 here last October for a retreat and found the Daisy Centre to be a lovely space for our retreat. We booked the entire bed and breakfast and our participants were pleased with the retreat center. We stayed there a total of 5 nights and would have liked to have seen a bit more variety in the breakfast offerings. We loved using the retreat room in the garden and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Paget, Bermuda
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We recently had a group of 10 touring through Glastonbury and Cornwall and selected Daisy Centre Retreat for our Glastonbury portion of the tour. It was perfect for our group. A peaceful sanctuary right in the middle of Glastonbury. So convenient!

Daisy, Paul and their staff couldn't do enough for us and were so welcoming and accommodating. We enjoyed the 'spiritual' aspect of the retreat in particular and definitely felt right at home. There is a wonderful 'energy' there and we were included, like family, in the spiritual events that took place whilst we stayed.

Thank you so much Daisy and Paul - I have a feeling that we will be back!
Angel Blessings.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AlysonTuxworth
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Good points: spotlessly clean; gorgeous smell; lovely apple tree in the garden (check out the pic); Jan, who was really nice; other guests, I've never come across so many lovely people in a B&B.
Not so good points: The room (Azrael) was in the garden, the roof leaked (there was a huge pool on top of the wardrobe) and my clothes got wet. I was lucky that I had my electricals somewhere else or they would have been damaged. It seems a recurrent incident by reading other reviews. I could've washed my clothes for £5.00 but I decided to invest them in having a proper breakfast elsewhere. By proper, I mean generous. Although if you are in a diet, it may suit you. Everyone needs to lose a bit weight, at least I do, but not when I'm on holiday.
Bad points: No coffee/tea making facilities in the rooms. Required donation if you wanted a drink: £1.00 (only in the kitchen). Leaky roofs. The rooms in the garden are only separated by a door: You can hear whoever is in the other room and they can hear you.
There are other things in the eye of this beholder but I'm not going to bore you nitpicking.
In a nutshell, not very good value for money but an interesting and character-building experience nevertheless.

Room Tip: Avoid the garden rooms. Their roof leaks when it rains. So remembering that we're talking about...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple