“Welcoming & Comfortable”
Review of Millbatch Farm

Millbatch Farm
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Glastonbury
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Very clean, comfortable & peaceful location, despite being on the main road through the village.
Kelston could not do enough for me or for anyone else who was staying this weekend; I arrived a lot later than expected & was treated to a cup of tea on arrival. He also has an excellent knowledge of the area & was always willing to chat & make recommendations; I even got to feed the ducks!
Breakfast, whether the full english or the smoked salmon, was fabulous - very nicely & thoughtfully cooked and generous too.
I did not have an en-suite but had no problems using the spacious bathroom when I wanted to. I appreciated the clean, fluffy dressing-gown, the daily-replenished tea tray & the jar of great biscuits!
A very relaxing & peaceful weekend, with other, like-mindedly quiet guests staying! Thank you, Kelston!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Bibliofi

Reviewed 10 October 2010

My husband, brother, 3 children and I stayed in the ground floor family room with en suite bathroom this weekend as we were attending a wedding in Glastonbury. We had travelled down from London on Friday evening and were greeted with warm drinks [our 8 year old thought the hot chocolate he had before retiring was fab!] before heading to bed. The breakfasts were generous and tasty [black pudding to die for!] - and Saturday's set us up well as the wedding breakfast was a mid afternoon affair. Kelston, the manager, couldn't have been more helpful and obliging. It was our 7 year old daughter's birthday today and he invited her to help him collect the eggs from the hens kept outside which she absolutely loved. Plenty of outside space for our kids to roam about freely and burn off some energy by playing football, using the swings [rope and conventional] and bouncing on the trampoline. It was a great place and suited our purposes perfectly. We would have no hesitation in recommending it to friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank gilltim
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Lovely cottage with a very friendly host, Large bedroom and comfortable bed and a great Breakfast.
What else do you need?
Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We were recommended Millbatch Farm by my sister who lives close by. The purpose of our stay was for a family wedding and my elderly father and my brother also stayed at the cottage. We arrived a little late as the traffic was heavy and were greeted by the manager who made us a cup of tea with biscuits, just what we all needed after out 5 hour travels. He made a note of our breakfast requests and showed us to our rooms. My husband and I stayed in the en-suite room, which was just perfect. It had a double bed and a single and a lovely leather sofa.
We found the cottage to be perfect, we stayed for 3 nights and every night there was a lovely coal fire to come home to, the place was always extremley clean and tidy and the manager was always ready for a chat no matter how late we tipped up. He also had good knowledge of the area and its facilities.
The cottage has a nice garden where 12 chickens live along with some rather large ducks! All very well looked after.
Now we have found this cottage we wont have any hesitation in returning - we have already recommended it to friends of ours who are visiting the area in late October.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We have just returned from a single night stay at Millbatch where we had two rooms booked. Due to laterooms sending booking confirmation by fax, the owners had duplicated our booking and charged our card by an extra £70. However, the manager was very apologetic and there was a blank cheque waiting for us on arrival. We were also given an upgrade - one of our doubles was upgraded to the family room downstairs. The family room is very large, neutral decor (if a little dated) and has plenty of floor space. The king size bed had a broken slat hanging off the bottom of the bed, but was comfy nonetheless. The room also had a regular 4.5ft double bed, a sofa bed and a cot. The adjoining bathroom was large & clean. Again, the bathroom suite was a little dated, small crack in the sink etc. The electric shower was functional, but switching the power shower settings on the dial made no difference to the jet of water. Also, the shower screen is fixed in place, which made it a little awkward leaning over the edge of the bath to bathe our baby. Plenty of hot water though.

After what was a very comfortable nights' sleep, breakfast was ready for us at 8am, as we'd requested the previous day. There was the option of several cereals, toast, orange juice, tea/coffee and a cooked breakfast. The cooked breakfast was large and consisted of local sausages, eggs (from the hens in the garden), bacon, beans, a mushroom & plum tomato. I also had the best black pudding I have ever tasted outside of Scotland (yep, I know it's northern english thing, but still..). The manager flitted between the kitchen and breakfast room, asking if we wanted anything else, and making friendly conversation, without being intrusive. He also mentioned if we were to stay again, to make a note on the booking in advance and he would happily cook us dinner on the night of arrival to save us finding somewhere else. Currently no highchair - the manager said he would ask the owners about getting one, so if you need one, either check before booking to see if they now have one, or bring your own.

Meare is a lovely quiet village with a single road running through it. Traffic was minimal and we weren't disturbed by noise at all. The garden was huge, and we were told we could help ourselves to apples and plums from the trees! Millbatch was also a lot cheaper than some of the hotels and B&Bs in Glastonbury. I'm so glad we found something just a little way out. Only ten mins away & plenty of space for parking too.

Checkout was a quick friendly chat, handshake and goodbye. Perfect!

I have given it a 4/5 overall, only because you obviously can't compare a B&B with 5* hotels in the Maldives etc. But, for a B&B, this place is really really good and we will DEFINITELY be returning. Thankyou for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Alastair_K_1979
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at Millbatch for one night last weekend, this was the better of two very good B&Bs that we used for a weekend of sightseeing in and around Glastonbury. The B&B is not in a particularly remote location as one of the previous reviews states, but it is a beautiful building and situated on a good size piece of land, complete with chickens and duckpond. We felt the location (a 10 minute drive outside Glastonbury) was reflected in the very reasonable room rate. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, we did share a bathroom but again this was not a surprise. What made our short stay a pleasure for us was the hospitality of the new manager Kelston Pagington and his son Kev. I knew Kelston was going to be a good chap immediately from his manner on the phone when I first booked, and then from the efforts he went to to ensure that my girlfriend who has Celiac disease (MUST NOT EAT WHEAT OR GLUTEN) had plenty to eat and didn't miss out on a good breakfast. Warm hospitality and a bit of effort always make B&Bs, and a cup of tea and biscuit when you first arrive is always well recived! Although there isn't anywhere to eat in Mere, Kelston recommended several restaurants to us for dinner, we chose the Burtle Inn http://www.theinn.eu/ which served us one of the best steaks I've ever eaten...I've eaten quite a few!

I plan to return to Millbatch and would certainly recommend it to friends, lovely place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpicyCruise
Reviewed 5 September 2009

We stayed at Millbatch farm for two nights in August in their luxury family room with a bathroom almost as big as the room we stayed in! As we were with a young family the owners had put toys and games in the room to keep the little ones amused if they didnt want to watch the TV. The room was enormous with a kingsize, double and double sofabed al new and to a very nice standard. The bathroom was joined onto the room and had a bath, shower and all the usual modcons. The kids were alowed to play with the ducks and chickens and collected the fresh eggs in the morning with the owners which was fabulous. We ate at the Burtle Inn some 3 miles away from the farm which specialises in local meat and produce and the meal was lovey although it did take a while to come out after we had ordered. The breakfast at the farm was huge, very tasty and practically filled you for the day. The B & B customer review book in our room was filled with reviews of families who had enjoyed their stay and i would certainly recommend this B & B to my friends if they are travelling to somerset.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank mike_evens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glastonbury
Meare Manor
#3 of 5 in Bridgwater
Wookey Hole Hotel
Wookey Hole Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wookey Hole

Been to Millbatch Farm? Share your experiences!