“The Fabulous Jasmine Cottage!!!”
Review of Jasmin Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Jasmin Cottage
Ranked #10 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“The Fabulous Jasmine Cottage!!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Jasmine Cottage is so convenient in the heart of Glastonbury but away from the hustle and bustle of the town's high street. Justine, the owner makes me feel so welcome every time I visit. Her guest house is a lovely home, very clean and friendly with great breakfast too! There's the added bonus of a lovely English garden at the back of the house.... satisfaction guaranteed everytime!!!

Room Tip: the upstairs room... peacock room has its own large bathroom...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lichfield
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have just returned from a weekend in Jasmin Cottage & I'm already planning my return trip.
It had a very warm and cosy energy. I felt like I was at home. The lounge is small but perfect with loads of books and CD's. One night we lit candles and incense in the lounge and it was deeply relaxing.
We stayed in the Peacock room which is a big room with a private huge bathroom. Again it had a really nice energy. We had candles in there and it was lovely to go to sleep in candlelight. The duvet I have to mention is so soft, cosy and warm - a nice heavy one which I love - and the bed was so comfortable! We had the added bonus of having the cat Apache with us all weekend! So gorgeous! The only thing I would say is that the shower is quite low in the Peacock room and can't be moved up (maybe I am just too tall!).
Unfortunately it rained when we were there so we didn't get to experience the garden but it looked lovely.
I only met Justine briefly as she was off to run a retreat. Instead we were looked after by Sarah and Simon - both really lovely and helpful hosts.
The breakfast was really good and plentiful. I can't speak for Justine's but Simon's eggy bread was amazing! And Simon is very interesting to chat too. It felt like stayting over at a friend's house.
The B&B is only a 5 minute walk from the High Street so it's in a great location.
Jasmin Cottage is perfect if you want to get away from it all and chill or have some quiet time.
It's so cosy and comfortable. The hosts were also very laid back which added to the overall vibe. We were told to check out when we were ready and we allowed to keep hold of the key so we could have a cup of tea in the afternoon before we left.
I am planning a solo retreat there - why pay a fortune for an organised retreat when you can go to Jasmin Cottage for solitude/silence/meditation and to recharge those batteries. Will definitely be returning but for longer this time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This will be my third visit to Jasmine cottage. It is truly a home from home.......you are welcomed in like an old friend. Justine is a wonderful, kind, warm and caring host. The location is perfect - a 5 minute walk onto the main street. The breakfasts are amazing (looking forward to getting a jasmin cottage porridge fix very soon) I really feel realxed and rested after my time spent in this special place. Very highly recommended if you want to experience Glastonbury and everything it has to offer - or equally you need a break from the old routine and some quiet reflective space.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Pahoa, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 August 2013

What a sweet homey place to land after a long journey. The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. You are 5 minutes walk from the center of town but removed enough to be quiet. The made to order breakfast in the garden was the perfect way to start the day. And if you want to pamper yourself Justine is an amazing bodyworker with a plethora of skills and training to cater to the needs of the individual. I have stayed here twice and will return whenever my travels lead me to Glastonbury. Mahalo nui loa for your hospitality and grace.

Carrie

Room Tip: If you have a problem with stairs pick the tree room it is on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Aix-en-Provence, France
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was at this B&B for 6 nights in July 2013 and never regretted it. It's just 5 minutes away (by foot) from the City Centre in a quiet street, and Justine welcomes you with tips, advice and directions, if needed.
I think Justine is the perfect host : warm, gentle, is great to chat with, and makes wonderful breakfast, in particular eggs. Her cat adds the final touch !
She has set a warm and peaceful atmosphere throughout the house ; you can read in the living room, sip tea and listen to music, or just day dream in the beautiful garden.
It's a perfect place for people who need to find calm, peace and gentleness.
I had the Tree room at the front of the house, painted in green. At first I was not so sure about such a vivid green, but it proved very soothing ; I slept like a log every night. The bathroom was to share, but it was all very comfortable since there were only ladies there at the time.
Also you get to meet interesting people and you can chat at the breakfast table.
I will probably be back, and this time, I will book a massage with Justine, well in advance !
I warmly recommend Jasmin Cottage for solo ladies.

Sophie, from France.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sophie B
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Just got back from a trip to the UK with my Mom. We packed a lot into 2 weeks and our stay in Glastonbury was at the half-way point. Honestly, we couldn't have picked a better place to catch our breath, rest and re-group. Justine is awesome! From the time we started emailing each other I knew she was a kindred spirit. She was responsive, helpful and personable. I quickly sent "Thanks but no thanks" notes to all the other B&B's I'd been corresponding with.The only room she had available at the time was the Flower room, and while we weren't really excited about sharing a bathroom, we decided that Jasmin Cottage had just the right combination of location, ambiance & amenities.

We arrived late afternoon after a frustrating trip (navigating Bristol & the buses somehow turned out to be more complicated that it needed to be) and stepped into a peaceful pool of tranquility. We moved our suitcases into our room and started unpacking - there was a delicious breeze wafting in the window, which was very welcome during the very unseasonably warm weather the UK had been experiencing. My Mom poked her head into the Peacock Room across the hall and saw that it had an en-suite bath and that it wasn't made-up for guests. When we asked Justine - she explained that she'd had a last minute cancellation so we jumped at the chance to switch. We were a bit out of sorts - hot & tired, so we decided to leave moving our things until we'd had a bite of something.

Justine supplied a map that she highlighted with many possible restaurants, pubs and cafes and we headed out in search of food. We tried Knights for fish and chips (one of her excellent suggestions) and it was delicious! Then we walked along the high street and looked into the shops and enjoyed the fresh, coolness that was beginning to seep into our senses. When we got back to the cottage, Justine had moved all of our belongings to the new room! We were SO touched by her kindness & it was wonderful to be able to just sink in to the lovely bed and relax instead of moving suitcases, clothes from the closet and toiletries. AND the added surprise of Apache snuggled on the duvet made it perfect. Only a few days before, my sister had called and told my Mom that their cat Belle was at the emergency room and after long discussion with the vet - they had had to make the very hard and painful decision to have her put to sleep. Mom was still reeling with having to lose her beloved pet when she was so far away & Apache must have known she needed some kitty-therapy. We insisted that Apache was welcome to stay, and she actually slept with us for the three nights we were there. In fact when we were packing to leave, Apache climbed into my suitcase and took a nap :)

We had breakfast in the beautiful garden every morning, enjoying the butterfly bush, roses and especially the fragrant jasmine. The food was wonderful - carefully prepared, beautifully presented and filled with loving intention. Justine is also gifted massage therapist, so I treated my mother to a Lomi-Lomi massage in the lovely treatment room in the back garden. She couldn't say enough good things about her experience and she had the first really good sleep she'd had the whole trip that night. We were even able to have a load of washing done & when we missed the last bus up to the Tor - Justine dropped us off in her car.

In the end, Jasmin Cottage is so much more than just a place to lay your head and park your suitcase - there is a calm, healing energy there that draws you in and nurtures your spirit, and Justine truly cares about the people who share her home. We felt pampered, appreciated and special - and we left renewed and ready for the rest of our trip.

Room Tip: Hands down I think the Peacock Room is the best - the decor is lovely & the bathroom is spacious...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Celticfairiefae
justineGlastonbury, Owner at Jasmin Cottage, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
The pleasure was mutual and you guys were just so entertaining and knowlegeable! I am thrilled you loved your stay and hope onme day to host you at Jasmin Cottage again in the near future...Avalon Blessings from myself and Apache who misses you I know for sure! x
Winchester, England
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I've just spent two nights at Jasmin Cottage with two of my daughters and it was the perfect place for us to enjoy some special time together. The evening in the garden sipping herbal teas, with the scent of the jasmine wafting past, will stay long in our memories.
I had the Tree Room and they shared the Flower Room: the rooms are beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable and we all slept well.
Justine is wonderfully welcoming and provides the most delicious breakfasts with excellent fruit salad, yummy eggs and the best butter I've tasted in a long time!
I floated though the second evening, after one of Justine's massages, and several days later I can still feel the difference in my neck and shoulders.
I hope to be back some time with all three of my daughters.

Room Tip: I loved the deep green walls and tree pictures in the Tree Room