“service with a smile” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jasmin Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Jasmin Cottage
Ranked #9 of 56 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“service with a smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was my fourth visit to Jasmin Cottage and it never fails to delight. After an horrendous journey Justine was there to welcome me in. The cottage has a charm of its own, which complements that of its owner, and Apache, the resident cat. We stayed in the beautiful Peacock room, which overlooks the garden. I was very grateful for the comfortable bed at the end of a hectic day. I no longer thing of going to Jasmin Cottage as just a B&B, but rather it is like going to stay with a good friend. A stay at the cottage will not disappoint, it is just a few minutes away from the High Street and all of the delights that Glastonbury has to offer. For me the bonus is Justine's breakfast, it is a feast guaranteed to keep you going till well past lunchtime, I can vouch for the poached eggs, but next time I'm going to have the eggy bread as it looked delicious. A stay at this beautiful, warm and welcoming B&B will not disappoint.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I adore this B&B. The owner is the most kind, friendly and welcoming hostess in the universe. The whole cottage is a little haven; a sanctuary of loveliness. the rooms are immaculate and so beautifully decorated and the breakfast is scrumptious. I could stay there forever!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My first visit to Jasmin Cottage most certainly won't be my last - it is such a lovely place to rest and feel taken care of. The location is excellent and vegan breakfast superb! Thanks to Justine and Apache for being true gems of love and light.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jo H
Flensburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Me and my wife stayed for a few days in Jasmin Cottage and felt very loved and well taken cared of. Everything is easy at this place, the atmosphere, the host and location. I would recommend this place to my mum thats how great this B&B is. Cheers love and light.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had one of the worst days of my life 2 weeks ago, which ended in one of the best contrasting and de-stressing experiences at Jasmine Cottage, that I could not have needed more.

Suffice to say, I had a very harried day and had to pack, get dressed and make the one coach (bus) leaving for Glastonbury that evening. But while cleaning up my flat before leaving and thus putting the trash out the door to be sure and remember to take down with me, I slipped and the automatic door closed behind me and locked, leaving me out in the foyer in my nightshirt and underwear!

Don't panic, I told myself, the doorman must have an extra key downstairs. So in my nightshirt "nightie", I went down only to find he did not! The landlord was on a vacation to Spain, my husband on a trip to DC, and I was desperate to get out of the noise of the city and to my appointment in quiet, spiritual, historical Glastonbury and would pay a great deal if I missed my un-refundable bus and the appointment that it was now to late to reschedule!

Suffice to say the next 2 hours were a stressed panic of finding a locksmith, totally replacing the lock (and paying heavily for needing to do so!), finishing dressing, packing and on the tube to Victoria Station and running, running, running to make my bus with one minute to spare and in a shirt now soaked through with panicked stress and sweat! The bus didn't arrive in Glastonbury until 11pm that evening because of "delays" and detours and when it did, I realized I had left all the directions and instructions to my B&B on the table, in the panic of my leaving and....my cellphone had run out of battery! Things could not have gone worse!

The small and truly lovely village the bus left me off in alone was nonetheless pretty quiet, as I walked down its High Street hoping something would "jog" my memory to where "Jasmine Cottage" and the lovely and warm "Justine" I had talked to on the phone, might be? I was tired and emotionally drained in every way, and now lost! But it did seem a very welcoming High Street with shops and bookstores I very much wanted to explore the next day when all would be open. Just as I was about to despair and frantically thinking of my next move, I walked past a brightly lit and well-peopled restaurant with the title "A Hundred Monkeys" and felt reassured I had come to the right place, again! Two middle-aged gentlemen were standing directly outside the restaurant, apparently saying "good-bye" to each other and I sensed I could take a chance and ask them for directions.

Both were responded quite kindly, and one even said, "Yes, I know where Jasmine Cottage is. I even know Justine and I happen to be walking that way so would be happy to show you." I refrained from hugging him and was so grateful, especially as he walked me out of his way and to her very door! (Thank you, "Mark", wherever you are!)

I knocked and sure enough Justine was right there to welcome me, bright and bushy-tailed even though it was now past 11pm in the night. She showed me the small, welcoming cottage, and the bathroom near my room which was mine alone for the night and would never be shared by more than one other room, and set up our time for breakfast the next morning at my preference and also asked what I would like to eat!

After meeting and stroking lovely Apache the cat, I said good-night to both and closed the door to my simple but well appointed room. Considering the horrible day I had had, I was amazed that when I got into bed I felt so comfortable, so happy to have gotten to Glastonbury, so completely welcomed and "at home".

The breakfast with Justine (I was the only guest for that night, though more would join the next) was truly special: we could not stop talking about shared interests, the amazing people she knew and had met (an Icelandic singing couple whose CD was softly playing in the background, other teachers, world travelers stopping in the famed historical spot of legendary Camelot and Avalon) and just a general joi de vivre and open warmth about her. The fresh figs straight from her lovely garden added to the wonderful yogurt didn't hurt either! And as in my rush, I had not eaten at all for 24 hours, she was happy to also make me two perfect poached eggs with toast and tea -- would have made whatever I wanted.

We had such a lovely morning together and it set the tone for the rest of my wonderful visit that was nonetheless far too short for all the positive energy and calm de-stressing I got in that wonderful little cottage in that special "magical" spot.

I will most definitely be back as often as I can possibly manage it, so hold breakfast for me, Justine and Apache!

And thanks so much for your wonderful welcome -- it couldn't have been more helpful and healing at a more important time.

Room Tip: There are only a small amount of rooms at Jasmine cottage, but all are well appointed with a welcomi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JuneG888
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We have been several times at Jasmins Cottage, well located nearby High Street in Glastonbury.
Jasmins Cottage is run by Justin Bonner who makes the best breakfast and is such a nice person, for us she became inbetween a friend. She helps her guests if they have any questions and is also a wonderful massage therapist. There is a private massage cabin-try it!! Even getting picked up at Bristol Airport may be requested. They B&B is small, three rooms, one with an ensuite Bathroom. If you want to find a place to well like home book Jasmin´s!

Room Tip: Tree room is downstairs and may be used as double, peacockroom has an ensuite bathroom
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at Jasmin cottage in July this year and I found that the owner Justine was a very warm friendly person. From the moment I walked in I felt it had a home to home feel about it. The Interior is very characteristic and she has created a very calm relaxed atmosphere and this continues out into the garden, a beautiful jasmine tree is like an oasis. The room I stayed in was cosy and had a great selection of books. The breakfast was lovely great selection of hot food, museli, fresh fruit, toast etc. Justine has great local knowledge of the area and also of the historical and holistic fields in Glastonbury. The cottage is located only 3 mins walk from the centre of Glastonbury, its well worth the walk!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends