Heaphys
US$153
Millbatch Farm(Glastonbury)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel(Glastonbury)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$112
US$104
Agoda.com
Sunnyside B&B(Bridgwater)
Premier Inn Wells (Somerset)(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$97
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$223
US$186
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Always had a great time here but unfortunately will not go again, It would seem making money has preceeded customer care. Copies of emails below clearly explain why.

On 12/09/2011 13:21, Copy of email and response from Manager for you info:

I have been asked to complete a customer review survey about my stay with you over the weekend. I started to complete the form but have decide it to be fairer to send my review to you instead.
I have loved staying at Heaphys on quite a few occasions and tell people about it.
This time there was something different, maybe end of season tiredness. I had pre-booked on-line one night and clearly understood that the night would cost more as there was no single room available, this was my choice and no problem to me.
I then had an opportunity to go one night earlier, I phoned and arranged for me to stay the additional night. When I arrived admittedly the cafe was just beginning to close and the staff were about to cash up.
I apologised that the journey had taken a little longer than anticipated. I was then grumpily greeted with ‘Just charge the single charge as I can't be bothered to argue'. I smiled and said I wasn't about to argue and I had expected to pay £65.00 as I had for the following night.
I understood that the £32.50 rate did not include breakfast but a 15% discount. The following day I did feel that £65.00 with no breakfast was a bit steep but I am sure it was clearly stated on my booking.
On leaving I handed my key in to un-smiling staff, received no communication of thanks for staying with us and walked to another cafe down the road breakfast and was greeted with a smile.
I feel really disappointed.
Yours sincerely

From: "info@heaphys.net" <info@heaphys.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:51 AM
Subject: Re:
Hello
Point taken, you were here at the wrong time though. I was on the last day of 56 days in a row shift and all of us had worked very hard in the previous 8 weeks and have made an awfull lot of money, which is the whole point of beeing in Business. You did get a room for half price. The rooms are £32.50 per person and in season we have to charge at least £65.00 for a double room.

We normaly smile all day but I think we had all had enough by then but the Bank manager very happy.

Many thanks,

On 13/09/2011 12:44,

I too, have always worked intensely through the season so understand the fatigue you feel. However, No matter how I was feeling because of the over work, which was actually my own choice, the one thing I always remembered was if my customers had a good experience with me they would tell maybe 2 or 3 people bringing more business, if it was less than good they would chunter to many more!

Good luck with your business and I am very pleased for you that you have made lots of money. I personally will be staying else where in future and happily pay full amounts in exchange for a welcome, even if it is a tired smile.

From: "info@heaphys.net" <info@heaphys.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:03 PM
Subject: Re:

ha ha

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank B S
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We'd never visited Glastonbury before and Heaphy's appealed as it's really central and wasn't over-priced. We didn't have a very good experience staying here.
Check-in was from 12 noon but when we arrived at that time the staff in the pizza shop, above which the bedrooms are, said that the cleaner wasn't coming until 12 and that the rooms weren't ready. We asked when we should come back but they didn't seem able to tell us so we told them we'd return at 3, which we did, and the room was ready. To be fair, they did offer to put our luggage in their cellar.
The room was very large with two double beds, a TV and chest of drawers. There was nowhere to hang clothes at all which was a bit frustrating. The en-suite shower room was very basic with the shower having a push-tap which allowed the water to run for about 30 seconds before shutting off, rather like a tap in a public lavatory. The decoration and standard of accommodation was not very high.
Breakfast is not included in the price of the room (which was charged per person and not for the room) but we were offered 15% off in the cafe below. It was open in time for an 8am breakfast although we decided not to try it out. We could have eaten there in the evening too although it didn't seem that many others were.
The pub two doors down had a live band on the Saturday evening we were staying and although they were very good they didn't stop until after midnight at which time the Town Hall event also kicked out and the street was full of screaming and shouting drunkards until after 2am so our sleep was not so great.
There was no one on site out of cafe working hours but we were given a combination to use on the back door which we noticed was also scratched into the door frame so possibly not that secure.
Although for Glastonbury this was very good value for money, if you're looking for good accommodation, pay more and go elsewhere!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coloratura100
Reviewed 3 March 2011

The lodgings my friend and I stayed in were wonderful! We got lost on the way to Glastonbury and came to Heaphy's after hours. It wasn't a problem because we were able to call, access the buildings and our rooms with the owners' help. Our room was very clean and welcoming, with great en suite bathroom. The only drawback is the price; it kind of exceeded our budget as student travelers. Still, worth the splurge!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Great B & B, located centrally in Glastonbury near the Abbey. The single ensuite room was very compact yet lovely and light with two windows allowing in the morning sunshine. Due to it's location there is street noise at night so some people may need to use earplugs. Overall excellent value for money. There is free overnight parking in the Abbey carpark.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo