“the best breakfast”

Ranked #5 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
london
“the best breakfast”
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed for a weekend with a couple of friends and loved every minute.
The Owner, Charlie, was so warm and friendly and we were given the best English breakfast I've had, and I've had a few! We stayed in the Abbey view suite which I thoroughly recommend for the extra few quid. A whole floor to ourselves. Loved it.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Lovely rooms, great breakfast, fantastic service from someone who really knows the area and seems to genuinely care that you make the most of it and have a good time. Can't think of a better place to stay right in the centre of Glastonbury. All round excellent.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I was tired and stressed when I arrived at Hayden house having had a long, complicated journey but Charlie made me feel so welcome and relaxed that I felt like I was home. The house was quiet, very clean, and comfortable and breakfast in the morning was superb! I will definitly be returning in the near future and will strongly reccomended Hayden house to anyone looking to stay in Glastonbury or the surrounding area :)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We've been to Haydn House twice now, and can recommend it to anyone. The rooms are quiet and comfortable, the breakfasts hearty and wholesome. It makes a great venue for a quiet break in Glastonbury, and as B&B's go it's one of the nicest I've been to in a long while.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I stayed 3 nights and found the owner to be funny, personable and made a great full English breakfast with excellent, nutritious ingredients. His tips and knowledge of the places to eat and the places to see were also very helpful and bang on. The room was really pleasant and nice to return to after a busy day. The only suggestion I could possibly make would be to invest in a feather bed to make the bed a bit more comfy but otherwise all was great and well worth the money charged.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I did land on a really cold night in Bristol, then I reached Glastonbury everything was gone. Such an amazing scheme and energy you can't feel everywhere.

Haydn House was a very nice and comfortable place, I just felt like being at home. I do have to recognize, there I had best breakfast ever. Thanks Charlie, you rule on breakfast!

I did have a great room with nice view outside and important on Winter, it was quite warm.
I do have to thank you guys for your hospitality and that gorgeous days I spent with you.

Completely recommendable!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Fantastic bed and breakfast. We stayed in the Abbey View suite which does exactly what is says! the views of the ruins from your bed were beautiful. Charlie is exactly how every other review describes him! Nothing is too much trouble and have never felt so at home instantly from the second we walked in there. Felt like staying at a mate's house! Great brekkie and fantastic stories! I travelled with my mum and sister and he made us all feel so welcome. Would not hesitate to return time and time again. Highly recommend this little quiet gem. (I actually liked the (polite) no shoes upstairs request as it made you feel even more at home and relaxed). Briliant all round. Jeanette junior!!

Stayed March 2011, travelled with family