“Amazing B&B, lovely place, best host!!!”
Review of Haydn House

and 1 more site!
Haydn House
Ranked #4 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I spent a week-end with my husband and my two sisters. The bedrooms were very confortable and clean. My husband and I stayed in the Abbey room, wich is upstairs, the hole floor for us, with beautiful view from the Abbey. Everything was calm and peaceful. Breakfast was simply delicious! But what really is an outstanding value is Charlie, the host: warm, friendly and amazing since the very first minute! We'll come back!

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank CrisPolin

Reviewed 18 April 2011

My friends and family have visited Glastonbury regularly over the years, we have tried different B&Bs on each visit and this would be our first choice from now on. We actually booked our next visit before we left! There is ample parking near by in a quiet well lit area. Its tucked just of the main highstreet making it a quiet place to rest but a brief walk to all the town essentials. Its easy to find off the main roads and so gives swift access out of town to nearby sites. Also a short walk to the famous Tor and other sites. The food was ideal with vegetarian and vegan options. The rooms were clean quiet and comfortable. All in all the whole stay was very relaxed and stress free. Our welcome was as warm, personal and friendly as was our farewells. I would recommend Hayden House to anyone and we are looking forward to our next stay. Thanks Charlie and Co. - The Buckle family and friends!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Great hospitality and accommodation. Fabulous food - already booked to return in June!

Room Tip: remember to take some coins for the car park
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2011

From the moment I arrived unannounced, to the moment I left a two days later, I experienced nothing but warmth and generosity and hospitality that was second to none.

My bedroom - the Olive room was clean and well furnished with stylish upholstery and the bed was comfortable. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room and there is a view of Glastonbury Abbey gardens from the window. The guest house itself is situated 1 minutes walk away from Glastonbury High Street.

I had a lovely cooked full English breakfast (chosen from the menu) each morning in the dining room which piped relaxing music, candles were lit and little angel cards were available to pick with a thought for the day.

What I liked best was the hospitality I received from Charlie and Veronica, the homely and peaceful feel of the guest house and it's location. 10 out of 10. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Perfectly located in a quiet part of Glastonbury but, crucially, close to the important bits of the countryside for which I went to the town in the first place, I found Haydn House to be open-spirited, spotlessly presented and great fun. In the evenings, there were unusually interesting people to talk to around the supper table (still the same ones over breakfast!) and I always looked forward to walking back through the front gate. It's been said before but Charlie is an amazing host. The combination of all these things make it a Great British destination!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Charlie is an excellent host! He goes out of his way for your comfort, knows all about the sacred sites of England and makes an amazing breakfast. The place is spotless, cozy and it's peaceful and serene. Very convenient to The Tor, the Chalice Well and the Abbey. Charlie offers pickup to and from airports and train stations as well. He'll provide you with recommendations on restaurants and massage therapists. It's around the corner from the main area of shops and restaurants, yet on a charming street away from crowds. You won't want to leave!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Charlie's friendly way of being made me really feel welcome. The Haydn House is very quiet, clean, has a brand new beautiful bathroom in mediterranean style with a beautiful modern design shower and fittings, and the view from the Abbey room is outstanding.
A large variety of very good food together with individualized propositions where to go, Charlie is open and at disposal in a very personal warm way, making the stay really pleasant. When I left, I had the feeling that at the Haydn House, there is something for everybody. It is a pure place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo