“Excellent B & B!”

Ranked #4 of 52 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Castine, Maine
“Excellent B & B!”
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I brought students to Glastonbury on a study abroad program, and we stayed in Haydn House. We couldn't have been more pleased. Breakfasts kept us going till evening. Beds were comfortable, showers hot and plentiful. Our host was excellent, made us feel at home, was obviously concerned about us yet gave us plenty of personal space. Tours were easy to arrange and nicely personalized. Thoughtful, considerate service and comfotable, homey atmosphere. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank karenlyons48

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Haydn house is the place to stay in Glasto if you want a relaxed ,warm and welcoming stay . Its location just outside the abbey walls moments from the main street is perfect . The rooms are quiet ,clean and thoughtfully done . The abbey room feels like your own apartment with a lovely view . Most of all the host Charlie makes your stay ultra special . .. . He is a mine of information and will do tours alongside scrambling THE best eggs in town. The talks round the breakfast table are always inspiring, highly recommended .

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank stormbird4000
Ballasalla
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Have stayed several times and always found the same warm welcome from a great guy !
The Abbey View suite is like having your own personal apartment with the added bonus of a fantastic breakfast made for you. There is normally really good conversation over the breakfast table and plenty of friendly banter with the boss ! It's a place where everyone seems to be relaxed and amenable - must be the energies. Great location in the heart of town but nice and quiet so we always get a really good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank CrostonsIOM
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 May 2011

feel so lucky to have found Haydn House in Glastonbury. It was like a beautiful sanctuary with a wonderful warm host who made my stay so brilliant. It was the perfect place from which to experience the wonders of Glastonbury. It was so good at Haydn House that I extended my stay. Emma, New Zealand.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Talavera de la Reina, Spain
Reviewed 3 May 2011

To whoever you are...
Sometimes, maybe most of them, when you make a trip, you do it because you want to do something very very special. That was my case when I made this trip to Glastonbury. And as a really special ocation, I really wanted to stay in the perfect place. I wanted a perfect and a very nice room for my special day, a very good breakfast for my special day, and a wonderful view when looking through the window when waking up... and what can I say? At Haydn House, I had not only all those things (something that I thought it was going to be very expensive,...and here, it's not like that), I also had or felt the incredible warm of Charlie( the owner) and his partner, which was really incredible and made my special day really wonderful.
If you doubt between two or three B & B as I did, now, do not hesitate. Haydn House is the perfect house. Charlie the owner knows lots of things about Glastonbury, so he can guide you and tell you what is more suitable for you to visit, how to arrive there, where you can have a very good dinner, even they offer some tours around for a reasonable price. And also, if you are a curious person, Charlie can explain you many things about the town and its culture. So don't hesitate...Just, WONDERFUL.
Evangelina, a Spanish traveller

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I've visited the sacred and wonderful town of Glastonbury countless times in my life. I've stayed at many of the guest houses and hotels therefore. One guest house now draws me back year after year - Haydn House. Situated on a sleepy road in the centre of town, the house itself if a thoughtful, modern but sympathetic conversion of an old house. The rooms are themed and a pleasing mixture of antique furniture and modern ameneties. Three of the rooms have views of the ancient Abbey ruins. If you can book it we strongly recommend the top Abbey View Suite with its lofty view of the Abbey and its grounds which are truly stunning. All of this is wonderful enough but then you throw into the mix Charlie's hospitality and the house comes alive. Charlie is always cheerful, always helpful and makes you feel really welcome. He also offers amazing tours - he took us to Stonehenge at dawn and other ancient sites such as Avebury, Silbury Hill and West Kennet Long Barrow. Obviously you pay for the trips in addition but they are well worth it. I really recommend Haydn House.

Room Tip: Book the Abbey View Suite well in advance