“Lovely comfortable and friendly”
Review of Haydn House

Haydn House
Ranked #4 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely comfortable and friendly”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at Haydn House last weekend and loved every moment of it. Charlie was warn and friendly, and couldn't do enought to help us. The room was comfortable and spacious, well decorated and very clean. The breakfast was super yummy with a wide choice on the menu catering to all needs. We have already booked again for next year!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed at Haydn House last weekend during the Majma festival. It was my first time at Majma, but not my first time in Glastonbury, as I don't live too far away.
I was very pleased with the room, (I stayed in The Olive Room), it was clean and comfortable, and warm.
Charlie, the owner, was fab, I was suffering with a nasty virus at the time, and he was always checking I was okay.
The breakfast was really good, lovely scrambled eggs, and tasty sausage/bacon. I will stay again next year if I have enough money to go to Majma! :o)

Room Tip: I think any of the room are perfectly suitable.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
london
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We found Haydn House on an online search and stayed for a couple of nights at short notice. Charlie was exceptionally helpful, funny and accommodating. Highly recommended; we'll definitely be staying again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I first stayed at Haydn house in 2011 after finding it on an internet search and it has been one of my best accidental finds! The house is located right in the centre of Glastonbury with a view over the Abbey which is breath taking in the evening sunshine but it is the welcome and the relaxed atmosphere that really earn this B&B the 5 stars. I liked it so much that a group of friends and I booked the rooms for a visit this year and have already booked again for 2013. Charllie, the owner greeted us like old friends and that is the way you are treated whilst you are there. He and his partner also make a mean breakfast! The rooms are a decent size and the Abbey suite is perfect if you want a little bit of luxury at a great price. I thouroughly recommed this gem of a B&B.

Room Tip: Abbey view is a great room.
Bristol
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Our room was beautiful; right at the top of the house, plenty of space, clean and with everything you could need provided. The breakfast was well cooked and served with a smile. Thank you Charlie, we will be returning next year.

Prachatice, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 February 2012

we spent 5 lovely days, mostly in the abbey view suite on the upper floor, which gives you
a de luxe feeling at price common for an ordinary room in glastonbury. any wish including breakfast for vegetarians fulfilled before you ask thanks to the owner, charming charlie and his family.
doporučujeme všem turistům z čech. opatství, které stojí za to projít pěšky vidíte už z okna přes ulici.
martin and leona
prachatice

Room Tip: choose abbey view suite if possible
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Clervaux, Luxembourg
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I had a wonderfull stay at Charly's place. Very sympathatic reception by the owner, Charly. Right in the center of the city. What did we want more? Just perfect, clean room, good bathroom, delicious English breakfast, nothing failed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple