“A wonderful stay at Haydn House - faultless!”
Review of Haydn House

Haydn House
Ranked #5 of 52 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful stay at Haydn House - faultless!”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This was my first stay at Haydn House and I can but echo the sentiments of all the other reviewers.
A real "home from home", located a stone's throw from the High St and the amazing Abbey, with both the Chalice Well and Tor a short walk away, it was a joy to return to after seeing all the amazing sights of Glastonbury. Charlie and Brenda are such friendly, welcoming hosts and a pleasure to talk to. Breakfast was fresh, tasty and substantial - so much so that I rarely felt like lunch! The choice was wide and it was great to try all the varieties on offer - they cater for all tastes. I stayed in the Lavender Room which was very clean, comfortable and had a nice view of the Abbey grounds - no TV, which was perfect as I really wanted to relax and unwind during my time in Glastonbury...
Overall, I can wholeheartedly recommend Haydn House to anyone who is thinking of visiting this lovely part of England - you will not be disappointed! I can't wait to return :-)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank AJR_2012206

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed at Haydn House last weekend in the Silver Birch room. This B&B is conveniently situated near the town centre with a car park opposite, adjacent to the old Abbey.

Even though proprietor Charlie was away, we had first class service, including an excellent breakfast with plenty of choice.

The accommodation was furnished well, clean, comfortable and exceptionally quiet.

We would chose Haydn House again.

Room Tip: The Abbey View suite is the best, priced accordingly.
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I was most impressed with Haydn House and its charming hosts!

My friends had raised my expectations but I wasn’t disappointed. The Olive room was clean, comfortable and charming. There was a view of part of the Abbey. The breakfasts were substantial (I have a healthy appetite) but in no way were we hurried. Charlie and Brenda were very warm and welcoming and, as others have said, made the establishment a home from home. Congratulations to them!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul A
Wolverhaqmpton
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at Haydn House for two nights in the Abbey View Suite. The room and the view were fantastic and we were made very welcome. The room was very comfortable, bright, clean and homely. A fridge, coffee & tea making facilities, access to the computer & internet and DVD player & some films. Breakfast was fantastic and filling, cooked by Charlie's mom, would have loved another night but booked up! Will definately be going back soon.

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My partner and I stayed at Haydn House for two nights while on holiday in the area and were very delighted to be welcomed so warmly by Charlie. He put us at ease and chatted way to us about our holiday. He reccommed a place for us to go for a meal in the evening as it was a special meal to celebrate our new engagement! Our room was clean, bright and warm and a good size, with all the amenities, including coffee and tea making facilities, and biscuits. Our room had a shared bathroom but this was no problem as it was spacious and clean and airy. Huge bath and just across the hall. Breakfast was lovely, there was many options on the menu, including excellent vegetarian and vegan options. Charlie made sure everyone had what they needed at breakfast a couple of times. Overall our stay was lovely, with no faults, other than a slightly poor nights sleep due to the thin curtains in the bedroom. I would reccommend anyone to stay here!

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Having stayed at Haydn House several times since it’s opening 5 years ago and having previously stayed at various other b&b’s in the area, this is where I always come when fuelling my slight addiction to Glastonbury. There’s no doubt that what Charlie does here is to the best of his ability with a lot of thought, effort and care. I’m sure there are other b&b’s offering similar standards as far as good beds, nice breakfasts etc etc, but if you also want to have fun and leave feeling uplifted, this is where you should stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Have returned to Hadyn House over the last few years for our annual trip to Glastonbury (after my partner first introduced me to this wonderful place) and every year it keeps on getting better and better! This is our second visit this year within the space of a couple of months. Both times we stayed in the Silver Birch room (en suite) which was more than adequate for our requirements.

Charlie and Brenda are the most amazing, friendly, welcoming hosts and made our Summer Solstice (and my birthday) week very special indeed.

The breakfast menu caters for a variety of dietry requirements. The portions are generous and having sampled a number of the choices on offer can say that each one has been flavourful and filling. There is no need for a big lunch after Haydn House breakfast!

Have told many of my friends and work colleagues about Hadyn House as its location is very central to many of Glastonbury's landmarks and places of interest, however, they have yet to experience delights the of Haydn House as it has always been fully booked when they have tried to make a reservation!

Look forward to returning to Hadyn House in 2013 - (we will be booking early!).

Room Tip: If you prefer en suite then opt for the Abbey View Suite (the biggest room with its amazing view of...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends