“Beautiful place”

and 1 more site!
Haydn House
Ranked #5 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed in the Abbey suite and it is absolutely stunning. Beautiful view of the Abbey and location is right in the middle of the town so we couldn't have picked a better spot. Breakfast was lovely and Charlie the owner is very warm, welcoming and helpful with anything you need. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martina C

Reviewed 12 March 2013

We stay there every year and always look forward to going back . The abbey suite Is amazing with a view on the abbey, breakfast is delicious even for vegetarians and served by a friendly Charlie
Fitness centre was excellent as we where on a bellydance conference.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Moodytiger
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed here on several occasions. Always met with a warm smile & made to feel like old friends.
Abbey view suite is fantastic, really does have a great view. Comfy bed & warm room. Lovely bathroom.
Kettle, fridge good selection of hot drinks & biscuits.
Tv with DVD player.
Breakfast is faultless, nothing seems too much trouble.
All in all, I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

A peaceful and much needed opportunity for R&R. Hadyn house is a sanctuary from the stress of daily life, I've stayed there numorous times and never been disappointed. This time I was in the Olive room and found it to be as comfortable and relaxing as all the others. Breakfast excellent as always (portions seem to be getting even bigger)! Thanks Charlie for another great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front face the Abbey grounds at night you might be lucky enough to spot a Badger saunte...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We have just spent a couple of nights at Haydn House and stayed in a double room which was not en-suite. However, Charlie, the owner gave us sole use of what is usually a shared bathroom so there was no problem there.

The bed was extremely comfortable and we both slept well for the two nights. Full English breakfast was substantial and served at the times we wanted.

Charlie's friendliness and helpfulness were so good. He drove us and the other guests to a venue early in the morning and his kindness regarding milk for me was very much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

A delightful B and B in the heart of Glastonbury. This is my second stay at HH and this time I was in the Lavender Room which has a beautiful view of the Abbey ruins amongst the trees. As with all the rooms they are individually and charmingly decorated( mine had an antique wooden bed and chest of drawers). Charlie is such a consummate and obliging host that much of his business is repeat, like myself which means there tends to be a very nice, friendly atmosphere on the house. Breakfasts also are top notch and he ideas real butter! ( Yes I did ask)6
Marvellous.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Where to begin......My first experience of Glastonbury was in September this year, I was travelling with a friend (Paul) who had stayed at Haydn House on numerous occasions before and spoke very highly of it. I was not disappointed......We were greeted at the door by Mother D (Charlie's Mother) who was extremely welcoming, shortly after Charlie arrived home and his personality and passion instantly lit up the room. Charlie has a vast amount of knowledge about the local area and was able to offer advice about places to eat and visit which was much appreciated. We were shown to our room, which was the Abbey Suite which was at an exceptional standard. The view was breathtaking of the Abbey ruins.....I would highly recommend this room for space and views alone (The bathroom even had room for a sofa). Charlie was only present on our first morning as he was heading off on his own adventure in Italy. After this we were left in the more than capable hands of Mother D. Breakfast every morning was excellent freshly cooked and very tasty (this set us up for the day).

My experience of Glastonbury was one that I shall not forget and I have started to understand why my friend Paul loves it there so much. The passion both Charlie and Mother D have, enhanced the experience more so and without Charlie's knowledge we would not have experienced the delight of La cock on the way home.

Without a doubt I would not hesitate at stopping with Charlie and Mother D at Haydn House again. Hope to see you soon, Rachel x

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends