“Unbelievable stay”

Ranked #5 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Bruges, Belgium
“Unbelievable stay”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Very nice B&B, very nice rooms (Olive, Lavender). The suite upstairs looked very beautiful. Very good veg breakfast and fantastic host Charlie, friendly, helpful. Quiet location in the centre. Nice view of the Abbey.

1 Thank nebukatnesa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The best part of my trip to England was staying at Hadyn House. The house itself was wonderful. It was in a great location, just a block from High Street and a short walk to the Chalice Well Gardens and the Tor. I had an beautiful view of the Glastonbury Abbey ruins from the Abbey View room. Every morning, he made the most delicious breakfasts (and I'm not a fan of eating breakfast). When he took us to the various places (i.e. Avebury, Tintagel), you could see the passion he had for showing us the history of the various places. He found a way to make each place special, like finding dowsing rods for us to borrow and getting us into the museums free of charge at Avebury. I was very sad to have to go into London at the end of our stay. If I ever return to Glastonbury (fingers crossed), I will definitely stay at Haydn House and will tell all I know travelling to Glastonbury the same.

1 Thank Frannie S
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed recently during our honeymoon from Australia, and had an amazing stay. Charlie our host was so caring and such a great guy. He made our stay such a special experience, and is an amazing chef for breakfast (even for vegetarians like us!)

The B and B is very comfortable and clean and homely, within easy walk to all the best parts of Glastonbury. We were very grateful to stay, and promise to return for our silver anniversary (if not sooner!).

Would recommend to everybody travelling to Glastonbury for a home away from home. Thank you for making our visit so special

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adam S
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Haydn House is hands-down the best accommodation experience I've ever had. Charlie is the perfect host and will not only feed you a fantastic breakfast but will lead you on fantastic (and informative) tours of the area, including Avebury, Stonehenge, and Tintangel. He is flexible and accommodating, and when Tintagel castle was closed he found great alternatives for us. The house is very clean and comfortable, the food is delicious (plenty of options for vegetarians), and the views from the front bedrooms look right out to Glastonbury Abbey. The house is situated a block from the high street, and you are minutes from the town centre, Tor, Chalice Well, and the Abbey. Haydn House is your home away from home in Glastonbury! I shall certainly go back and stay again!

Room Tip: The Olive, Lavender, and Abbey View rooms have magnificent views of Glastonbury Abbey. Silver Birch...
1 Thank Caitlyn P
Holdrege, Nebraska
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I loved staying at Haydn House. I came with a group of students for a study abroad trip, and all of us agreed that if it had not been for this Bed and Breakfast and its host Charlie our trip would not have been what it was. Great food, clean and comfortable rooms, and a kind and gracious host "made" the trip all the better. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Jonathan L
Castine, Maine
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I can give a place no higher praise than 'it feels like home', and this is Haydn House. It's my favorite place to stay in England, hands down (and I've stayed in many places in the UK). When I walk in the door, I'm completely comfortable and feel so welcome. Beautiful views of the Abbey from most rooms, perfectly located for all Glastonbury sites, and the most wonderful host you could ask for. Charlie sees to everyone's needs, knows when to give people space, suggests fantastic additions to tours, and gets along well with everyone. He's not just a host, he's a good friend who truly cares that his guests are happy and well-cared for. Thanks again for a fantastic stay! Hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room, but the Abbey View Room is my favorite. Abbey View and Silver...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank karenlyons48
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We were in desperate need to recharge our batteries and couldn't think of anywhere better to do that than Haydn House in Glastonbury. As soon as we walked through the door I felt the built up tension of months start to lift from my shoulders. Everything was just as good as the first time we visited, we couldn't have been better looked after, it was just perfect. Unfortunately this was only a short visit, but we're back in September - can't wait!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple