“Excellent in Every Way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Haydn House

Haydn House
Ranked #4 of 55 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“Excellent in Every Way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

While this was uniquely the experience of my husband and I, I can honestly say that Charlie became more than just a B&B owner, he became a friend. From the first email, I knew that we'd like Charlie's personal sense of hospitality, and his services are second to none. Charlie was able to customize sightseeing trips for us, driven by him in his own van, and even pick us up from the airport as well (for a fee - so worth it!). We opted for a room with a shared bathroom (to save expense) and it was never a problem being able to use it as it's shared by only two of the rooms. We loved the large tub and shower combo! Our room looked out to the Abbey (gorgeous view) and the location was perfect for being about to walk to everything that Glastonbury has to offer. Charlie's breakfasts were delicious and the single table created a sense of community with the other travelers staying there. By far, Charlie's friendly personality and keen sense of what his customers want to see and experience is what makes Haydn House an excellent choice. We had places on "our list" that we wanted to experience but Charlie took it a step further and showed us more than we could have thought of. I highly recommend Haydn House and Charlie's breakfasts and tours. We will definitely return!!

Room Tip: If you want to save a little money, go for either the Lavender or Olive Rooms, they're both grea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was the best place I've stayed in a collective 6 months of traveling in England. Charlie is wonderful and the location is beyond ideal. I woke up every morning and looked out my window to see the Abbey ruins right across the street! You can see over the wall from Haydn House and have a great view. If you want to walk to the Tor it is ten minutes time to get there. I'm a slow walker and bad with directions so the fact that I could just go down a road and through a gate to a trail was one of the things the made this so great.

Room Tip: Get one on the top floor (second). The best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

There is something about Haydn House, which makes you want to start planning your next visit before your current one is even over. The atmosphere is just so calm and welcoming, it draws you in and holds you like a dear friend. The rooms are comfy and clean, and every time that we have visited whether it be Spring, Summer or Autumn it is always so peaceful, even though it is only 2 minutes away from the High Street. I thoroughly recommend it.

herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Me and my mum stayed one night in Haydn House last week. We stayed in the twin room the Silver Birch. Lovely comfortable room with everything we needed for out stay. Lovely comfortable beds and plenty of room with a double bed and single bed.

We felt very at home and relaxed here and Charlie was very friendly and a great person. Thanks for our very delicious full English breakfast and we loved the breakfast room, a very relaxing place to be in and really liked the music being played in the background.

Super location with the town, Chalice Gardens and The Tor so nearby. Thanks Charlie for a lovely stay in Glastonbury!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Charlie is a charming, personable, funny host and knowledgable tour guide! If, I should say, when you stay there, and he has a suggestion to add to your list, take his suggestion....they were always "spot on"!!! He also cooks an excellent breakfast!!! We will see you again, Charlie!!
Gomer...London,On,Canada

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank greymourn
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

With a wonderful and warm welcome buy Charlie and Brenda when we arrived, I was at my home from home, our stay was only for two days but everything was as wonderful as it always has been clean homely and those wonderful beakfasts.I was touched that it had been over a year since I last went and I always have gratefruit with my breakfast I had not reminded Charlie of this but this is how great the sevice is there in the morning there was my gratefruit how fab is that.
This is a great place to stay central to everything go try it you wont be disapointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NectansGlen
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Haydn House is just off the High Street in Glastonbury so it is really close to the fun of the High Street but is nice and quiet. Haydn House is *spotlessly* clean, the beds are comfortable, there is plenty of tea and coffee and Charlie is very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Olive Room with a shared bathroom, but it was clean and pleasant and just across the landing, so it felt like being in a nice home. We didn't opt for breakfast as we wanted to be out and about. You can walk easily from Haydn House to the Chalice Well Gardens, the Tor and the Abbey is close by aswell. I've stayed in lots of places in and around Glastonbury and this is without doubt the best one so far - thank you Charlie!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple