“Simply the best hospitality!”
Review of Haydn House

Haydn House
Ranked #5 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Simply the best hospitality!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I spent a week in Glastonbury staying at Haydn House then a week in Edinburgh at another B&B. Haydn House will be in my memory for a long time. The owner and staff go above and beyond others with their sincere welcoming attitude. On arrival, we were greeted with a cheery "would you like a cup of tea? prior to being shown our rooms. I felt I arrived home after a long absence. Rooms are lovely, very quiet and oh, so convenient to the Tor, Abby, Chalice Well, shops and restaurants. Personal tours are available on request to meet clients needs and interests. Oh, Wow! A trip to remember.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MaggyDinBC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

The house is in a great location right beside the Abbey and Glastonbury's historic downtown. The rooms are comfortable and warm; particularly the large third floor room with its large new bathroom. Breakfast was excellent. I would highly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lawrence M
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I'm a keen traveller and often travel on my own. This BB was most definetly the best I ever came across. It was home away from home. Set in a quiet alley away from the hustle and bustle of main street, it stays quiet even during the Glastonbury festival! I just loved the owner's attitude and their welcoming ways made all the difference! Breakfast is good and they arrange pick ups from Bristol which is helpful.

Room Tip: They're all good and warm, even the one non-ensuite, better than many hotels I've been too...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank andraste78
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Loved the place, perfect location. Huge thank you to Sharon and John for your warm welcome and friendly approach.

We stayed 2 night in the suite, lovely and clean, very comfy bed. Everything was thought of, and pleanty of tea, coffee and milk, unlike other places we have stayed. And a freshly cooked filling breakfast each morning.

We would deffo stay again and we are happy to recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Perfect location, clean rooms, comfy bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria R
Ewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I wanted to have an escape from my London life and I was looking for a quiet, B&B were I could relax on my birthday weekend. Did I ever find it with Haydn House. Such a lovely couple, Sharon and John. They were very genuine and helped me with any questions I had. There was even a card and little gift beside my breakfast plate when I went down for breakfast on my birthday (and a cupcake for dessert!) I don't know if this is a regular thing or not (I don't want to say they do this all the time), but it made me feel very special and it was the personal touches like that that made my trip so memorable. I can't wait to come back for a visit with my sister and mom in the future!:)

The room was peaceful and had everything I needed. And I have to say the other guests were just as friendly and we chatted many times throughout the weekend, at the B&B and when passing each other on the street! :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Danielle B
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Haydn House made my very brief visit to Glastonbury perfect and left me definitely wanting to return to the House and to Glastonbury. Nothing too much trouble, very friendly but not intrusive.
The weather was perfect which made the trip even better!

Room Tip: All rooms good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Jan0806
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a great two nights at Hayden House, Sharon and John are just lovely, very friendly and very helpful. If you want a home away from home, choose Hayden House. Great location, literally a stones throw from the Main Street. Breakfast is great too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends