“Bit sad really”

Dining options: Reservations
Somerset, United Kingdom
“Bit sad really”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Apple Tree had been recommended to us as newcomers to the area but we've not had much luck - first time we ate there was very ordinary but we recently went again and found it to be the wrong side of mediocre, so not going back I'm afraid. Food just not very well cooked or presented - five of us ate and none really enjoyed it. bit worried about pubs here now if this is meant to one of the better ones!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank MrsVanilla

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing meal.”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stop at this pub for Fish and Chips on a Friday night in October, and having read the reviews thought we could be sure of some decent fresh food.
We were wrong. We were served two identical wedge shaped flat pieces of reconstituted fish in a leathery batter shell. The chips as it happens were excellent hence the 2 stars.
I challenged the owner of the pub who assured me that the fish was fresh and locally sourced. I'm sorry but a lifetime (I'm 64 ) of fish and chips at least once a month has taught me to recognize the difference between fresh flaky cod and a reconstituted fishy fibre. I just don't believe her.
I have had those shaped fishy things before, 5 years ago in a Little Chef on the A303. I didn't eat it then either, and I think I have seen them for sale in Iceland.
So no points for the wordt fish and chips in Somersett!

• Visited October 2013
poole dorset
“Lovely old pub.”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Lovely ambience and food when it came was very good. Very slow service though. Thought the wine was over priced.

• Visited November 2013
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Grub”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Went for Sunday lunch, very good service, very friendly, and great food just what you want, they even allow dogs in some areas, they have a good range of drinks including non alcoholic for the driver will go again whenever I'm in the area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 462dianem
Wells, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Had a meal here (no stay), tasty food and varied menu with good value for money. The staff were very professional and attentive and the atmosphere was just right! A really good find and would love to go back soon.

• Visited September 2013