“Under new management but hardly ANY menu!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Terre - CLOSED

La Terre
Cuisines: British, Bar, Cafe, Mediterranean, European, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Our restaurant Glastonbury based, with a bright, funky, Mediterranean-inspired feel and cuisine. Glastonbury Restaurant It's a great place to chat over breakfast or a morning coffee, snatch a pit-stop lunch break, or make a night of it with friends, wine and beer. We also have an extensive wine menu and an ever-changing selection of daily specials for cosy, candle-lit dining.
Liverpool
“Under new management but hardly ANY menu!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Called in here on 12th November. We were given a badly written menu and another 'old' menu and were told nothing was available on it! - What was the point in that? We were very limited to the handwitten menu but I ordered a panini and chips and my husband just a plate of chips and Glastobury Ale for him and cider for me. 15 minutes later the waitress reappears saying they didn't have Glastonbury Ales -well no ales at all - and would my husband have lager! He said ok but wasn't happy it took them so long to tell him!. Apprently there'd been a party the night before and they'd run out! My order arrived but his didn't and when queried they hadn't written it down. He told them to leave it but the waitress came back again and said the 'chef' had already put the chips in and would this be ok? So I finished my meal and then his came - the chips were really hot and all we wanted to do was leave but he'd be paying so he did his best with them.
Shambolic service, over-extortionate prices and the place was not very clean - probably down to not enough waitresses - who were quite frankly, incompetent. Get your act together!!!

Visited November 2011
7 Thank Julie M
Consideringthis, Owner at La Terre, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thanks for the comment. We have been in some state of transition recently, but the new menu and specials are up and running and we have had a very positive response over all. Come and visit again.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

This could have been fantastic apart from the fact that the menu was very limited, the bread was dry when it arrived and the service was ok ish

Visited October 2011
2 Thank bedford93
los angeles
“Best Red Velvet Cake EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Whoever makes the cakes at La Terre is a master baker. I live in Los Angeles and the Red Velvet Cake here is THE BEST I have ever had anywhere! The latte is excellent as well. I found the young staff to be very friendly and the atmosphere welcoming and laid back. I went in 2x which is saying a lot on my short visit to Glasto at there a an abundance of coffee/tea shops there! The Red Velvet beckoned! Next time want to try Malteser cake and some of the others!!

Visited October 2011
3 Thank AveburyL
London, United Kingdom
“its easier to win Wimbledon than get served here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Well after looking in we took the plunge and took a table for four, it seemed to have an easy atmosphere and unobtrusive background noise. After about 10 minutes we were asked if we would like to place our drinks order. Very pleasant service, or so it seemed. After another 5/6 minutes a waitress returned to explain they didnt have any Bacardi left. Oh well a glass of Cote de Rhone seemed an eclectic substitute.
After another 10 minutes waiting we decided we would vote with our feet our formed an orderly conga to the door and into the street. No one seemed to notice our departure or the fact that the money in our pockets that could have been in their till left with us!
I cant comment on the food as we were unable to get further than reading the menu.
I wonder if that nice atmosphere of conversation that pleased us so much seemed melodic as it wasnt interupted by people eating or drinking!

• Visited October 2011
5 Thank hedgejumper
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Clean, yummy homemade cakes and a fairly laid back atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I visited this place twice, once for fruit juice and cake, and the following day for tea and toast. Everything seems to be a bit posh and a bit organic.. we ordered a pot of tea for two and it was a massive teapot with only two teabags in, so weak we couldn't even drink it!! We had doorstep slabs of granary toast though, and the homemade cakes are very yummy indeed. Compared to other coffee shops I've been to in Glastonbury, this one was at least clean, and it had quite a nice laid back atmosphere, I would've liked to have visited it in the evening. The staff were not as friendly and welcoming as I feel they could have been, the service wasn't great and it was a little on the pricey side, but overall, not bad!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank FlowerBell9821
Consideringthis, Owner at La Terre, responded to this review, 9 October 2011
Thanks for the feedback. We do hope to be welcoming and it's good to know if it's not as it should be. We will try harder. We feel that the cakes are well priced and keep most of our main courses at under ten pounds. The coffee has risen in price this year, as we are using seasonally grown, organic beans. That said we are competitive. Hope you will come back as we have lots of changes planned for the winter!