“Excellent modern cafe with music and great food!”
Review of La Terre - CLOSED

La Terre
Cuisines: European, British, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant Glastonbury based, with a bright, funky, Mediterranean-inspired feel and cuisine. Glastonbury Restaurant It's a great place to chat over breakfast or a morning coffee, snatch a pit-stop lunch break, or make a night of it with friends, wine and beer. We also have an extensive wine menu and an ever-changing selection of daily specials for cosy, candle-lit dining.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This café is right in the centre of the High St. It serves good food and has a seriously good barista staff. Live music is great. The staff are friendly and nice sofas to chill out on. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is the best place ever!! Such a good energy! The staff is so nice and fun. We really love it. GO TO THIS WONDERFUL PLACE and Experience!! Love and light, Alexa Eijkman and Suzanne Holtz!

3  Thank SHoltz
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I loved La Terre - use to have great vegan and veggie options, the manager was quick and efficient but always with time to smile and say hello. A couple of weeks ago we went in and noticed a few changes (very loud music playing) and the menu - no vegan options and 1 veggie option. Service is very very slow. I live in Glastonbury so am use to the more relaxed service but this is beyond slow! Much quicker to go to the bar and order and bring the drinks back to the table...but even then coffees are luke warm. They also have premade sandwiches for sale which are soggy and tasteless.

It breaks my heart writing this review as I use to love La Terre but I am very disappointed at the changes, new menu and lack of staff and the racket of music which is sometimes very loud (I enjoy music but also enjoy talking to my friends!).

Hope it picks up soon otherwise they have lost a very loyal customer.

4  Thank trees2016
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Been a few times always friendly, like the changes, food is good the team are great feel people should give the management & team a chance as so I understand the place had gone through a hard period all very easy for people to put places down when they only go there a few times.
I found La Terre to be exactly what it says on the tin! A nice warm place with people who care, great job keep it up!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The last time we visited La Terre we vowed not to return, but our friends dragged us along for lunch. Oh dear...my antipasta managed to leave out several ingrediants and they forgot to toast the bread. Waited half an hour for the wine to arrive and 45 minutes for the food. No, it wasn't busy so no excuses. This time we really won't return.

2  Thank ChelmsfordMel