“Peaceful, magical location”
Review of Berachah

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Berachah
Ranked #7 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed in the lilac room which was on the ground floor with our own bathroom, kitchen area (with fridge & sink) & balcony with 2 chairs & a table overlooking the Chalice Well. This was a magical space with the light at sun rise & sun set being very special. DIY Breakfast in the shared kitchen worked really well (cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, bread/toast) & it was good to meet other travellers and share stories. It was lovely to create a breakfast for my partner & then relax with the books in the shared living room (downstairs) as my partner did the washing up. I would jump at the chance to stay here again XX

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GillianDerby

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I've stayed at Berachah 3 times (twice with a friend) and am at present arranging a fourth visit.

Wake up in the morning, go out onto the private terrace - about 30 feet above road level - and you are up in the trees. Go down the steps and you've got the choice of a walk to the Tor, up the road or over the fields: and cross the road, and there's Chalice Well!
Jan's colourful yet serene art is all about the place: my friend has bought two pieces. Loved the welcome, the ambience, the comfy bed, and the well-stocked do-it-yourself kitchen!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LondonBlaiseC
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Before booking at Berachah, I'd read reviews online and they sounded quite favorable--and I knew the location was excellent, right on the side of the Tor, across from Chalice Well. I had several very pleasant email exchanges with Jan, the owner, whose lovely silk art adorns the walls. However, when we were shown our room (the suite with kitchen and terrace), we knew we couldn't stay in it: it smelled horribly of mold, maybe of mildew. We told Jan, who seemed quite surprised, but offered us another room, upstairs. That was better, once we opened the windows and got cross-ventilation, but it still wasn't good. My husband has asthma, and within a short time of staying in the room he knew he was going to need to use his inhaler--and so was I! So we went for a walk, found another place for the night, told Jan, returned and checked out. We weren't offered our money back, but never mind. We would have gotten sick if we'd stayed. I later read other reviews that mentioned a problem with mold or mildew--and there were air-freshener sticks scattered around the building, now that I think of it. So if you have a problem with allergies to mold etc. it might be problematic if you book into Berachah. If you don't have problems, you might be all right.

Room Tip: If you have allergies to mold and mildew, think twice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank PeregrinaSantaFe
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Warm, cosy, vibrant... magical and colourful. Perfect location. Jan really made me feel at home. I will be back

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank angeles c
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Wow, what can I say. Beautiful location, friendly welcome, lovely rooms. Couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: Any room here would be excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Shella H
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I had a lovely break at Berachah staying in the Lilac Angel Room over the week of the Autumn Equinox. The location is just perfect, nestling at the foot of the Tor, overlooking the Chalice Well gardens, with just a short walk taking you into the vibrant town centre. Jan is a warm, welcoming host going out of her way to help with any queries you may have. She is also a talented artist and all the rooms are adorned with her gorgeous silk paintings. Beautiful views from the breakfast room over the Vale of Avalon and it’s usually the place to catch up and exchange tales with your fellow guests. Berachah has a special energy; being the original siste of Dion Fortune’s Temple. This was my first visit and I can't wait for my next.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Waterbabe_10
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Berachah House has a very special energy and is, for me, a real home from home. Jan is friendly and welcoming; she’s an unobtrusive hostess, but one who has everything covered.

The rooms are nicely decorated in beautiful soothing colours (and Jan’s artwork!).There’s a communal lounge if you want to be sociable, or just want somewhere else to sit in the evenings, and the kitchen is well stocked with provisions for the self-serve vegetarian breakfast. Having these facilities available makes you feel like a welcome guest.

The gardens at Chalice Well are just next door, the spring water is available from a tap on the street just outside, and a short stroll takes you into the town.

Best of all, the house is right at the foot of the Tor so you can easily get up there in the early morning, watch the sun rise, and experience the magic of Avalon.

I’ve been to Glastonbury a few times now and Berachah is absolutely my first choice of B&B. I can hardly wait for my next visit.

Room Tip: The Lilac Room has the best facilities and overlooks the gardens of Chalice Well.
Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo