“'Cosy n Pink'”
Review of Berachah

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glastonbury
Berachah
Ranked #7 of 53 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2012

i had been intending to stay at Berachah since about 1995 when i first met Jan and bought some silk squares. My daughter (young adult) and I wanted a night away from general stresses whilst it was half-term and some time to be together. We stayed in the Pink Angel Room; where it was nice and cosy with Jan's silk paintings on the wall. Plenty of blankets available with cosy fleeces on the bed. The Pink Angel room has a sink available and a little patio and table and chairs; which i am glad of a little air in the morning but we didn't spend time out on the patio this time. We had a cup of tea in the kitchen, which is available though ones stay and then set off up the Tor; a footpath being right next to Berachah, although that day it was foggy, it was lifting a little. Then we went into the Chalice Well Gardens, also being right next door. We then walked into the town, a 5/10 min walk, to explore the shops and local cafes and restaurants! we are both vegetarian, and there is plenty of choice there. Though we also popped in a local pub, just to see what else was available. There was also a Fairy Fest in the hall which was good to see. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, with the fridge full of various options! my daughter who is a student, was spoilt for choice...what lovely views greeted us this morning after the fog of the previous day... amazing :-) ... Very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I enjoyed being in the Pink Room with the little patio and sliding doors. The bath/shower room is sh...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JudyJade7

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Oh I felt at home as soon as I walked in through the door and will remember that feeling always! --- Berachah is situated perfectly at foot of the the Tor and the Chalice well one minute away - right next door. The healing spring waters right outside and you can fill up your water bottles at anytime. The entire place is relaxing and spacious with stunning views from the breakfast room of Avalon and Wearyall Hill -- its less than 10 minutes walk into the High St and a beautiful walk at that.

Jan is a lovely woman --- she is unabtrusive and you feel as though you have your privacy --- and at the same time you are very well cared for. The gifts were lovely on the bed upon arrival and the room embraced me. I had the Lilac room and it is really special -- it has a great little kitchen in it and there is a lovely courtyard through the double glass doors. I could not want anything better during my stay in Glastonbury .. Berachah has it all as others have said!
Jan's art work is outstandly beautiful and the energies of Berachah and the surrounding environment are magical. What more could one want? It was HEAVEN. I miss it!

Thank you so much Jan --- I loved meeting you and will be seeing you again soon upon my return to the Isle of Avalon!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Elita00
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Thank you, Jan, for offering us your lovely home as a B & B.

We loved the location since we were there on a Spiritual journey - right across the street from the Chalice Well, one of the world's first Peace Gardens, right next door to the White Spring, right next to the walking path to the Tor and a short five blocks to the middle of town and all the special shops, I loved looking out over the entire town because the home is set high. We even saw the "mists of Avalon" one morning. - a special delight.

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 beds or a double bed are larger and have their own bathroom attached.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank s alice j
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Very nice place, quiet, with special energies. The Glastonbury Tor is just behind the house and Chalice Well on the other side of the road. Very nice owner. You feel relaxed the moment you walk in the house. Great view from the kitchen where the breakfast table is standing. I met some interesting people there.

Room Tip: Just check the homepage, look at the pictures and let the room choose you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2012

There can't be many B&B's where you can collect your own well water from just across the road! We spent two happy days here as a group in comfortable rooms inc a sitting room meeting space. The breakfast room views are lovely across Wearyall Hill and it's a short distance to town on foot and of course you can walk up the Tor from foot of the house. Beds are v comfy, Jan's silk paintings divine and she's helpful and friendly. the garden is delightful too.

Room Tip: Downstairs Lilac room is good for people with mobility problems although there are still some steps...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Berachah is excellently situated at the foot of Glastonbury Tor with the beautiful Chalice Well Gardens just on the corner of the road opposite.The house has a very calm and welcoming feel and Jan the owner is a very warm and welcoming person, Her wonderful art works decorate the house throughout and are a feast for the eyes, a trip to her shop Facets of Avalon, just off the high street is well worth a visit were her work, and her daughters, is displayed and for a sale.
I've stayed at Berachah for a number of years now so have had the pleasure of sleeping in most of the bedrooms and they have all been comfortable and tastefully decorated. The kitchen is great, the large fridge is fully stocked,there's cereals,breads, every tea imaginable,coffees and hot chocolate. I love the fact that I can prepare my own breakfast whenever I want it and im not restricted to a time when I have to be sat at a table.The views from the panoramic window in the kitchen are really a sight to behold, you can witness stunning sunrises and sunsets as you look over the somerset levels. My most favorite time is when the early morning mists are out on the levels brushing up the side of Wearyall Hill,it is then that you get a glimpse into the mystery that is Avalon. I also love the fact that I can park my car up on the drive and forget about it until I have to return home as the town centre itself is only 10 minutes walk. I have no hesitation in recommending this wonerfully tranquil B&B to anyone who wishes to go.

Room Tip: The Garden Room is very large and spacious for the individual traveller plus you have your own on su...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank fiona m
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I liked the place a lot, decorated with the beautiful Silk Art of the Owner, it made me feel welcome right away.
Situated near Chalice Springs, wonderful heart energies can be felt there.
What I really appreciated very much: If necessary, the kitchen can be used, meals self-prepared and
people are asked to leave the room after checkout by 11:30 (usually earlier).

Sabine L.

Room Tip: The Blue Room has a view to the garden. It is not completely silent, damped car noise can be heard...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo