“Undoubtedly the best”

The Orangerie Brasserie and Patisserie
Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: We had a fantastic lunch here - far surpassed the other cafes in the area. They have a large and comfortable seating area with lots of tables. It should definitely be on here. Here's another link I found - must have only opened within the last year:http://www.glastonburypeople.co.uk/shopping/specialist-foods/Orangerie/business-10344766-detail/business.html
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Without a shadow of a doubt this is the best eaterie and coffee lounge in Glastonbury. The food is excellent, particularly the often quirkly named cakes that are absolutely scrumptious, the coffee is the best in town, the ambience is great, the atmosphere is calm and peaceful, the service is excellent and the staff are all friendly and most helpful.

The only surprising feature in such a classy place is the rather uninspiring sporting artwork around the walls; surely a tasteful place such as this could do much better and find something more suitable and more in keeping. But this does not detract from the overall impression of a really sparkling place, which is fully recommended.

Don't miss it because it sits there all unassuming in the Market Place but really it is most inviting, and much larger inside than it looks from the outside, and once visited it will always be a port of call.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I took a friend, who was visiting Glastonbury, to lunch in this pretty restaurant. The front of the restaurant is unassuming and it is easy to pass by to the larger street cafes nearby. Don't! The menu was a delight to read, the presentation of the food was excellent and the service was fast and friendly. Normally we would not be tempted by the dessert menu but we could not resist the pancakes which were delicious. This is the place to go for a light lunch or cake and coffee when in Glastonbury and it deserves to be among the top places to eat.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We had a lovely coffee break here. The outside of the building does not look that interesting but there is a roomy interior with a lovely atmosphere. The coffee was really good and we had great cake. The orange and mango cake is particularly memorable.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Friendly and quick service – wholesome and fresh food served with good coffee – great place for a brew and a snack. Their cakes look great. It’s bigger than it looks from the outside.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I'm sad to say that although my earlier review was completely sincere, I've since revisited and had a disappointing time. I took a party of 8 people to the restaurant for dinner early in January. Service was slow (there were only 10 customers in total, so it shouldn't have been a problem) and there were some things that would have surprised me even if we'd just walked off the street, not booked and confirmed well in advance as we did. We were offered bread...it came...limp brown ready-sliced supermarket bread. Not exactly what you'd expect in a 'brasserie and patisserie' in Glastonbury of all places, where it couldn't be easier to buy good bread even if you can't bake it yourself. We had a main course which was OK, some choices better than others. When I asked for the dessert menu I was told there wasn't one, 'because we haven't really got any desserts, what with it being after Christmas and New Year' (it was two weeks after Christmas, actually and again, they DID know we were coming) but the waiter could offer us cake from the glass case. To be fair the cakes are nice but I didn't want to eat a slice of cake for dessert, so after some head-scratching the waiter suggested he could probably get me vanilla ice cream and pancakes. They came and were better than nothing but they were the sort of thing I might make at home. Some of my party had come a long way (from Devon and from Gloucestershire) for an annual get-together, and I had invited them to a restaurant with sliced bread and no dessert menu. Talk about embarrassing... Sorry, Orangerie, I was a real fan of yours after my first meal but this was such a let-down.

3  Thank Glastonian