Ways to Experience Tor's Tour of the Tor
from US$343.83
from US$221.19
from US$835.03
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I took Tor's 6 day tour of England and loved every minute. If you are interested in Arthurian legend, early Christian and Celtic sites, sacred spots, castles, churches, and other often hidden gems, Tor is your guy. Even if you're not all about early English history, you will come away with a new appreciation as well as seeing sites a large tour company would miss.

One caveat: Tor's itineraries include a lot of walking, many hills and steps to climb up and down, and even streams and pools to wade through. Tor doesn't explain this on his website or before setting out. I am older but in good shape, and the terrain we went through took quite a bit of doing for everyone. My two friends, along with another couple of tour-goers, were unable to keep up and after a while, knew to stay behind and wander shops and eateries.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank golfgirl8350
Tor W, Owner at Tor's Tour of the Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. I'm so glad you had a good time.

Many people of all ages, including a lady in her late 70s, have done all the tours and loved it. On this occasion there were two that were suffering with an autumnal cold and understandably found it hard, we all would. I offered them to join the tour again when they were in better health free of charge :-)

Reviewed 22 September 2017

WOW! I did 2 one-day tours with Tor and wished I had booked more days in Glastonbury so I could have continued going on more tours with him. SO much information, so many sacred and intriguing facts...as others overheard him speak, they started to tag along and joined our tours! Don't go without him--the experience becomes real. I will go back and even do the same tours, as I couldn't absorb it all the first time! : )

Date of experience: September 2017
Tor W, Owner at Tor's Tour of the Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Your too kind. Thank you for a wonderful review. I hope to meet again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Tor is a tremendous guide for exploring Glastonbury, Stonehenge, and King Arthur's Cornwall. He will take you to locations that you would not have been aware of without his guidance. You will also be receiving his insightful knowledge of these extraordinary locations that can include a journey or visual back in time. If your heart has a desire for a quest, that calling can receive its answer. I was highly pleased with choosing Tor to guide me to these wonderful and unique places.

Date of experience: August 2017

I had a joy traveling with you. I really enjoyed sharing a joke with you and learning from your knowledge. See you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I did the one day tour of Glastonbury with Tor. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience that I would highly recommend. Tor has a great knowledge of the area and a fantastic guide. I plan on doing the 6 day tour with him next year.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Terence T

Well you were a fantastic visitor :-) thank you for s lovely review. See you again some time.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We did the 2 day/ overnight trip with Tor to Tintagel. Tor was so organized in planning interesting stops along the way and having all our meal reservations and B&B organized. He studies medieval history. Took us to the inner sanctum of Merlin's Cave (not a walk for the faint of heart, but exciting). Tor taught us about lei lines and ancient churches along our drive back to Glastonbury. He obviously loves his work and the travelers he escorts on the tours. The trip with him was the highlight of our two week stay in England.
Lynn and Blair

Date of experience: July 2017

I'm so happy you had a good time. Thank you for a lovely review. Please come back anytime. :-)