Full-Day Stonehenge and Avebury Tour from Glastonbury

Book in advance
from
£155.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Tor's Tour of the Tor
from £155.00
from £75.00
from £245.00
from £700.00
More Info
All reviews his knowledge magical journey an amazing guide ancient times awe inspiring avebury tor wisdom chakra myths michael sights companion nettles town labyrinth
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I think that our visit in Glastonbury and Cornwall, also the way to get there (Cornwall), with a lot of places visiting, was one of the most fantastic travels I've ever made.
Tor is a remarkable person with a lot of knowledge and has the gift of passing it on to people.
Also our stay at the Yasmine House with our lovely "landlady" Justine was perfect.
So many extraordinary things to deal with, think it takes a couple of months to get down to the "ordinary" reality.
Love to all of You, who where there!
and again, special thanks to Tor, brothers in arms and soul
T

Date of experience: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Tor W, Owner at Tor's Tour of the Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Wow what can I say? I love my job, I often make life time friends after meeting on a tour, but this is one that feels more like family than friends. ❤️

Reviewed 23 September 2017

The history and magic of Glastobury comes alive through the stories that Tor shares on his tour. He connects ancient legends with known history and makes it all relevant to our lives today. As a solo traveler, I would likely not have seen or learned as much about Glastonbury without this tour- well worth it!! Be ready to walk through the city and climb up to the top of the Tor and perhaps leave offerings for the fairies at the Chalice Well. The whole day is an adventure with a delicious stop for lunch in the middle. If you are traveling to this part of the country, I highly recommend that you book one of Tor's tours!

Date of experience: September 2017
Tor W, Owner at Tor's Tour of the Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you, we love solo travels and they always make life time friends with the others in the group. See you again one day.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I took Tor's 6 day tour of England and loved every minute. If you are interested in Arthurian legend, early Christian and Celtic sites, sacred spots, castles, churches, and other often hidden gems, Tor is your guy. Even if you're not all about early English history, you will come away with a new appreciation as well as seeing sites a large tour company would miss.

One caveat: Tor's itineraries include a lot of walking, many hills and steps to climb up and down, and even streams and pools to wade through. Tor doesn't explain this on his website or before setting out. I am older but in good shape, and the terrain we went through took quite a bit of doing for everyone. My two friends, along with another couple of tour-goers, were unable to keep up and after a while, knew to stay behind and wander shops and eateries.

1  Thank golfgirl8350

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. I'm so glad you had a good time.

Many people of all ages, including a lady in her late 70s, have done all the tours and loved it. On this occasion there were two that were suffering with an autumnal cold and understandably found it hard, we all would. I offered them to join the tour again when they were in better health free of charge :-)

Reviewed 22 September 2017

WOW! I did 2 one-day tours with Tor and wished I had booked more days in Glastonbury so I could have continued going on more tours with him. SO much information, so many sacred and intriguing facts...as others overheard him speak, they started to tag along and joined our tours! Don't go without him--the experience becomes real. I will go back and even do the same tours, as I couldn't absorb it all the first time! : )

Date of experience: September 2017
Tor W, Owner at Tor's Tour of the Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Your too kind. Thank you for a wonderful review. I hope to meet again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Tor is a tremendous guide for exploring Glastonbury, Stonehenge, and King Arthur's Cornwall. He will take you to locations that you would not have been aware of without his guidance. You will also be receiving his insightful knowledge of these extraordinary locations that can include a journey or visual back in time. If your heart has a desire for a quest, that calling can receive its answer. I was highly pleased with choosing Tor to guide me to these wonderful and unique places.

Date of experience: August 2017

I had a joy traveling with you. I really enjoyed sharing a joke with you and learning from your knowledge. See you again soon.