“Very slow service, lovely food”

The Lazy Gecko Cafe
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great breakfasts (served all day), lunch and afternoon meals.
dorset
“Very slow service, lovely food”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday lunchtime and they were very friendly and did warn us there would be a 20 minute wait. However they took our drinks order and it was nearly 20 minutes before we got them!in fact the coffee ordered came before the cokes! Waited about 45 minutes for the food, we saw others waiting longer! The food was worth waiting for as it was delicious. I had a baguette, the bread was fresh and soft with a lovely pickle. Husband had bubble and squeak and daughter had the veg tart both of which were good. Would I go again, not if I was in a hurry and I would ask for the drinks to be served ASAP! Another point to note is the cafe is not very wheelchairs friendly. I could just about get in the cafe but had to use my crutches to get to the loo as there were various items of furniture blocking the way in the hallway. I think the loo would also have been too small for a wheelchair. Actually Glastonbury isn't very wheelchair friendly at all. :(

Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great unusual stunning cafe 😊”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My friends from glastonbury took us to this delightful place, we was staying local for a week and the place was a must visit, was a great choice of food on menu, and catered for my 2 children aswell, quirky looking decor great artwork on the walls, had an enjoyable meal and drinks, staff were welcoming and polite and helpful, will look forward to next visit when in the area many thanks

Liverpool
“Fantastic Food! Service Great! Get in!!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We made a concerted effort to return to the Gecko this year and we were NOT disappointed. My golly gosh the food is good in here! Full menu and Specials board it's a licenced café.
We ate off the Specials board - I had pan fried sea bass with herby risotto and pesto +roasted tomatoes on the vine - delicious!! and OH had the Thali which was prepared by the Indian chefs who are working with the Gecko and my word they are GOOD! OH loved the Thali - small plates of curry, rice, dahl and poppadums - only criticism was could have done with naan to mop up the plates!
Really recommend this place although it DOES close at 4.30pm so get in early! the food and service was great! Will defo be back!!!

Visited June 2014
Southampton
“Good food, long wait.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were a group of 8 on a saturday afternoon at 2 pm, which should be after the lunch rush. We waited 40 min. for our food, which we thought was a bit much, bear in mind that it is a cafe, not a restaurant. Some of us had only tuna sandwich.
The food itself is delicious, we all liked it, hence is the 4 star.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank AgotaSouthampton
Zurich, Switzerland
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Whenever we are in Glastonbury we always visit the Lazy Gecko at least once - their food is fresh and delicious, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the interior is very nice and comfy, also unique. This year's highlight was their seafood chowder - the best one I've ever had so far!

Visited May 2014