“Best B&B I have ever stayed in”

The Covenstead Glastonbury
Ranked #1 of 52 Glastonbury B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best B&B I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is, by far, the very best B&B I have ever stayed in. The rooms are magnificent, both in their amazing decor and style, and WOW what style!!! To sleep in four poster silver bed with wonderful drapes was a dream - literally. The cleanliness was excellent and the bathroom was huge and stocked with full size shampoo/conditioner/shower gel - and delicious brands too. I was sad that I was only staying one night because this is a B&B that warrants a definitely longer stay. The breakfast was huge and delicious - everything you could possibly think that you'd want to eat. Adele is a wonderful host who makes you feel completely at home. The main decor of the murals are also amazing. I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough. I have visited Glastonbury on many occasions and when I do in the future, I would not want to stay anywhere else but this magnificent B&B. Also, its location, being so central is brilliant too. Suffice to say ...l absolutely loved it. Can't wait till next time. BB

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Taunton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

An unusual choice for us and it would be fair to say we were a little nervous as we are not Pagans or witches! Adele is lovely, she knew it wasn't our usual style but she showed us around and she is obviously proud of her B & B. The surroundings are so far from my normal world of everything white and not many bits and pieces that I was fascinated buy all the curio. Our bed was so comfortable, the bathroom spotless and breakfast delicious in taste, beautifully presented and nothing was too much trouble. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Look at the website to select your style.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed 12 August 2013

From my first contact with Adele to book a room at Covenstead, the welcome was enthusiastic and warm. The decor is incredible - the murals painted on the wall so detailed and exquisite and the furnishings include all manner of occult paraphernalia - crystal balls, tarot cards, witch puppets, you name it, it's there! The collection must have taken years to amass, but the way that the B&B is decorated shows an attention to detail that can only have come from a real belief inn, and commitment to, running a business with a heart.
The beds are incredibly comfortable (I can't say I tried them all but the excellent night's sleep was a topic of conversation at breakfast). Breakfast itself took place around the gothic style dining table, with chairs so heavy it was difficult to move them (yes, this may be a themed B&B, but the decor is absolutely gorgeous, no cheap tackiness anywhere in sight!). The chef was on holiday, which lead to much hilarity and a somewhat haphazard nature to the food, but it was plentiful, delicious, and the whole experienced invoked such a feeling of cameraderie and fun that the guests were soon laughing together, before pretty much waddling out of the dining room!
If you are looking for boring minimalism and hospital corners on the bed linen, there is a Travelodge on the outskirts of town. Personally, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Glastonbury. But next time I will make sure I have more time to look around properly and to enjoy the ambience. I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kel13
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This has to be the best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in, not just for the surroundings which are interesting and decadent but because of Adele who at once makes you welcome, is a glorious hostess and who does not make you feel like a passing face. This Georgian house is perfectly placed in the town, the atmosphere is relaxed, the bedrooms are luxurious and spotless in fact the whole house is full of heart and soul. The breakfast is generous and Adele will make you a picnic breakfast, should you want to skip it. We came upon the Covenstead by chance and stayed an extra night (in fact we would have pitched camp here permanently if we could). I have visited Glastonbury before but this made this visit a special one. This is the only place I would want to stay in Glastonbury.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family and it was the perfect place to retreat to at the end of each day.
My room was like something out of a gothic fairytale, and everywhere in the house is packed with wonderful ornaments, artwork, books and furniture. The whole place is spotless, the breakfasts are fantastic and Adele is a wonderful hostess.
I can't wait to stay again on my next visit to Glastonbury.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank siouano
Burgess Hill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2013

As a non pagan I didn't know what to expect from a witchcraft themed B&B. However caught up in the magic of Glastonbury I booked 2 nights and arrived on the doorstep. No need to be long winded about this review so great rooms, great breakfast, great location, great hostess in Adele and special mention goes to Freyja the resident pagan pup.

Room Tip: The Hearne Room is ideal for the solo traveller. I have viewed all the rooms and for those of you ma...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Liz F
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful! I'd been hearing about the Covenstead for years before I stayed there, and it lived up to everything I had heard. The rooms are beautiful and feel gloriously decadent - not just the bedrooms and bathrooms, but the communal and dining areas too. Every single room is full of interesting and historical artifacts - I would spot something new every time i walked through. It truly is a fairy tale place! The breakfasts are amazing. The other thing i loved, which I wish more B&B's would do, is that there is a communal kitchen and lounge, so if you don't want to eat out for every lunch and dinner of your stay, you have got the option of doing a little self-catering. The welcome when you arrive is warm and friendly and Adele, the owner, does take great care to ensure that her guests enjoy their stay and that they want for nothing. In all honesty, i think my future trips to Glastonbury will be planned around whether there is room availability at the Covenstead, because I don't think I'd want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013